The Senior Territory Manager is a key member of the field tactical team and plays a critical role in supporting our company's customer centric business model. He/she is accountable for working in their respective territory to understand and identify veterinary clinic, and large account needs and offer solutions through selling our company's Animal Health products.
The Senior Territory Manager is responsible for support of pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy and ensuring that our company's Animal Health is viewed as bringing value and technical innovations aligned to our strategic focus the Science of Healthier Animals. In addition, the Senior Territory Manager demonstrates the highest level of competency and thoroughly comprehends the resources available across our company's Animal Health and our Distribution Partners.
In addition to the sales accountability this position has added assignments based upon business needs that will include one or more of the following areas: Advanced Account Leadership, Peer Leadership and Training, Business Analysis and Planning, and/or Technical Systems Applications and Tools.
In this role the Senior Territory Manager needs to reside in Arkansas and will be responsible for Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri & Nebraska.
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Communicates about products in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer; customizes discussions and client interactions based on appreciation of customer's needs
- Primary point of contact for assigned customers, meets with key personnel/decision makers to comprehend practice structure, business model, key influencers (Practice Manager/Owner/Nutritionists/Consulting Vets), customer needs, and identifies business opportunities.
- Develop customer strategy - outlining strategy for interactions/relationship, solutions, distributor partner involvements, and potential offerings for customer resulting in sales opportunities, account sales growth, and achieving sales goals of company's Animal Health products and services.
- Develop annual territory business plan and specific actions for key customers.
- Shares learning and best-practices from one customer to help other customers meet their needs. Shares with other team members within the region to foster growth and development within the team.
- Effectively utilizes tools and resources to analyze sales results on a monthly basis and manage expenses within budget guidelines.
- Identifies and selects programs/services available within company's Animal Health’s resources to address customer needs and provide education & training opportunities to accounts.
- Works with Leadership, Marketing, Commercial Operations or Field Technical Services to develop and deliver relevant offerings that address desired customer needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of company's Animal Health products, industry trends, competitor landscape, business objectives, key influencers, and network structure and make information available to relevant stakeholders to influence sales trends. Able to articulate and convey relevant customer, industry, product, and market trends appropriately through the organization.
- Proficient in all competency areas (Customer/Market Insights, Customer Engagement, Strategic Business Management, Market Access, Product Knowledge/Portfolio Management, Regulatory/Compliance, Account Management, Sales/Business Acumen, Customer Segmentation/Targeting, Market Management, and Inventory/Supply Chain Knowledge).
- Collaborates and Influences internally beyond their specific geography or species area.
Scope and Context:
This position is an individual contributor role with additional responsibilities demonstrating leadership and the ability to foster collaborative relationships in order to help build/develop the talent of the team members.
Animal Health Commercial Competencies Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrate Ethics & Integrity
- Drive Results
- Focus on Customers & Patients
- Make Rapid Disciplined Decisions
- Act with Courage & Candor
- Build Talent Foster Collaboration
- Business & Financial Acumen
- Working Across Boundaries
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
- Productive Communication
- Problem Solving
Core Commercial Functional Competencies:
- Customer and Market Insights
- Strategic Business Management
- Product Knowledge & Portfolio Management
- Account Management
- Customer Engagement
- Market Access
- Regulatory & Compliance Knowledge
- Lifecycle Management
- Bachelors degree required
- In-depth knowledge of the Poultry industry with a minimum of 8 years demonstrated sales and/or operations experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, iPad and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems (i.e iRep, Veeva, MAXX, etc.)
- Deep understanding of data resources and analytic problem-solving tools to identify opportunities/ solutions to resolve customer issues and drive results. May act as a mentor to team members.
- Develops strong networks and relationships across functions and other organizational boundaries.
- Demonstrated understanding of positions’ contribution to the business goals and willingness to adopt changes to current processes, identifying emerging needs and participating in defining innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of customers’ business to anticipate needs/trends and to provide customer centric solutions that drive long term sustainable results.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of effective selling techniques and approaches to create a compelling rationale for the value and use of MAH products using approved resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage a range of accounts to drive execution and follow through for all account tiers including large, complex accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement an accurate business plan.
- Demonstrated ability to implement the strategic marketing plan.
- Superior organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Must be results oriented and able to work independently and also as part of a team.
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of business and financial metrics including the ability to analyze metrics to assess progress against objectives
- Ensures the highest ethical standards when handling company's financial assets.
- Valid driver’s license
- This position requires regular overnight travel including air and driving travel
- Thorough understanding of company's products and therapeutic areas.