Advance your Sales career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company! As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible for developing and managing communication strategies and programs. You will consult with business unit management and to provide communications support to external and internal audiences. This is a Work From Home Opportunity. Responsibilities:
- Leads and manages agency management process for assigned territory to meet overall territorial and regional financial objectives. Participates in regional agency planning process. Responsible for development, implementation and monitoring of agency territorial strategy with Region VP. Responsible for the coordinating and leading the agency review process. Gathers relevant data and prepares required exhibits with the assistance of agency management team (underwriting, agency interface, customer accounting loss control, claims, etc.) Responsible for development of actionable agency management account plans with agency management team (e.g. aggressive growth plans and rehab plans, and termination plans). Refers rehab plans and large/strategic agency action plans to Region VP. Prioritizes service/resource allocation to assigned agents based on action plans, agency needs and relative agency importance. Executes agency plan and frequently monitors company's and agencies' progress relative to plan. Pro-actively develops and executes appropriate next steps if agency account objectives are not met. Recommends termination of consistently unprofitable agents to RVP.
- Oversees assigned agency interactions. Manages individual agency relationships. Communications agency rehab/growth plans to agent. Addresses agency concerns and identifies unmet needs. Gathers feedback on company via agency surveys. Communicates key company marketing and underwriting messages to agents. Communicates company agency benefits and preferred focus/niche areas. Coordinates and/or educates and trains agency staff in company products, marketing programs, underwriting focus, claims, loss control and accounting procedures, etc. Provides company marketing materials and responds to agency product/focus questions. Identifies opportunities for utilization of agency interface and othertechnology opportunities. Collects data on key agent accounts, potential book rollovers and sponsored marketing opportunities. Supports remainder of agency management team in resolving agency/insured problems "in the field". Participates in insured visits with agency/underwriter/loss control/claims as necessary.
- Gathers and analyzes competitive data that impact the company's position relative to key competitors (product, price, service, etc.) during agency visits. Communicates relevant agency account and territorial developments to agency management team and AVP/RVP. Prepares periodic updates on territory results and issues for RVP. Communicates status of potential growth opportunities to AVP and relevant team leaders (target accounts, rollovers, sponsored marketing, etc.). Schedules agency management team meetings to address specific issues (as necessary). Participates in annual rate and product review meetings.
- Maintains agency suspect list for assigned territory and utilized the list to Prospect and appoint qualified agents to generate growth opportunities. Participates in industry organizations and reviews relevant publications to keep abreast of marketplace changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Years' Experience: 5 - 10 years of progressively more responsible insurance sales and management work experience.
- Must be licensed by the state if required.
- Special Skills or Competencies: In-depth knowledge of company services, products, marketing techniques, insurance contracts, risk funding and rating plans, and industry trends.
- Well-versed understanding of marketing principles.
- Working knowledge of claims, loss prevention, underwriting, administration and sales operations.
- Highly effective written and oral communication skills, including presentation, persuasion, timing, tact and negotiation skills.