As Senior Territory Business Manager for Dexcom Canada, you will represent Dexcom, Inc. products to healthcare professionals as well as people affected by diabetes in Southern Ontario. You will be responsible for closing sales leads and processing orders to achieve monthly sales plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convert physicians, diabetes education nurses and other health care professionals to prescribe Dexcom products to their patients.
- Train health care professionals in how to use Dexcom, Inc. products and integrate them into their diabetes practice.
- Represent Dexcom at local, regional and national trade shows and diabetes exhibits to promote Dexcom products to the diabetes community.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate sales records to measure the progress in converting target health care professionals to active promoters and prescribers of Dexcom products.
- Complete all administrative requirements in a timely fashion as directed by management.
- Extensive local travel and up to 50% overnight travel.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 10+ years medical sales experience with a track record of high sales success required.
- This is a London, Ontario based position covering Southern Ontario.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule which may include weekends and/or evening work.
- Must have in-depth understanding and application of the selling process, diabetes disease management practices and basic business principles.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public is required.
- Proven track record of sales success in a field sales capacity.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong time & territory management, organizational, analytical, and decision making skills required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations required.
- Must have the ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- A high bias for action, combined with a high level of emotional intelligence is essential for this position.
- Intellectual curiosity is also essential as well as the ability to be transactional in nature without losing the sense of importance and empathy when working with Health Care Professionals and people with diabetes.
- An understanding of Type 1 Diabetes will be considered an asset.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license is required.