Seeking a dynamic, professional Accountant who will be a key part of the Terminal Accounting Team. The Terminal Accounting Team is responsible for billing NGL, Refined, and Crude terminalling activities. The prospective employee will perform a combination of responsibilities including invoicing, revenue recognition analysis, volume analysis, inventory accounting, volumetric reconciliations, and supporting Terminal Operations as required.
The expectations, role and responsibilities for this job will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for tracking and reporting inventory receipts, deliveries, and transfers at the Marcus Hook Industrial Complex by way of trucks, pipelines, railcars, and vessels
- Analyze and balance unit production, loss, and yield on a daily basis; work with measurement and other groups to investigate discrepancies.
- Provide all customers with contractually required data related to multiple agreements at the Marcus Hook Industrial Complex
- Support the accounting close for the facility, including journal entry preparation and invoicing procedures
- Track and report detailed inventory information for government regulatory agencies
- Communicate with customers and assist in resolving issues; interface with Business Development (BD) and Scheduling groups on a regular basis and provide control functions for existing business.
- Assist in monthly volume and rate trend analysis for revenue and the utility cost incurred at Marcus Hook
- Work cross-functionally with Scheduling, Pipeline Product Movement, Business Development, Operations, and Engineering groups to ensure daily facility and customer requirements are met
- Prepare reports by collecting, formatting, analyzing and summarizing information as needed
- Assist Accounting, Finance, Operations, and Business Development with special projects and Ad-hoc analysis
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business-related degree preferred
- Strong computer skills and systems knowledge; strong Excel skills and SAP experience a plus
- Ability to interact with Management and Operations as it relates to inventory and processes
- Experience in the oil/gas industry is desired
- Must be able to work overtime during key periods
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret contracts and apply the necessary inventory and control practices
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Job Location Marcus Hook, Pennsylvania, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 9151-323