Responsible for the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of voice, data, and/or network communications systems. Monitors communications performance using diagnostic equipment, visual checking, and status indicator methods to locate problems. Interfaces with vendors on new technology and system updates.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handles customer requests for telecommunications support including: moves, adds, changes, repairs and inquiries.
- Troubleshoots major telecommunications issues.
- Identifies and manages telecommunications projects.
- Provides design and software support for voice mail, voice networks, and video systems.
- Manages vendor activities and verifies expenses relating to day-to-day support requirements.
- Participates on project teams for larger telecommunications project initiatives and periodically takes a lead project role.
- Defines and updates departmental telecommunications documentation and databases.
- Audits telecommunications expenses and may recommend expense reduction initiatives.
- Provides customer liaison role for day-to-day support activities and/or critical telecommunications functions.
- Proposes technical network and equipment system solutions for customer business requirements or cost reductions.
- Writes business correspondence for recommendations, project support, and customer service purposes.
- Conducts customer meetings and one-on-one presentations regarding applicable communications systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires good working knowledge of telecommunications industry as well as voice system design and engineering
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of infrastructure wiring/connectivity
- Requires documentation and telecommunications software administration skills
- Skill in troubleshooting/diagnostic tools and software installation and maintenance
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability