Senior Telecom Collaboration Engineer
Responsible for engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with areas within the telecommunications function (e.g., networkdesign, topology, implementation, diagnostics or operations/user support). Responsible for the more complex work and assignments typically required of a Telecommunications Engineer.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitors the operations of telecommunications network, its systems, hardware, and software. Troubleshoots and manages ticket escalation.
- Provides technical support and maintenance for existing and new telecommunication services.
- Performs complex tasks relating to telecommunications network operations design, installation, and/or maintenance for local, off-site and/or remote locations.
- Responsible for the configuration, deployment, testing, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of telecommunications network components to provide a secure, high performance network.
- Conduct quality assurance testing of transmission mediums and telecom/networkinfrastructure components.
- Plans large scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies. Implements identified solutions, makes suggestions for ensuring a cost effective and efficient infrastructure environment.
- Serves as a technical specialist on a functional basis, for the resolution of complex telecommunications network problems.
- Identifies troublesome trends and develops plans designed to resolve problems and prevent reoccurrence.
- Works on moderate to complex projects as a team member.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum RequirementsPreferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Financial Industry Experience
- CCNA Voice certified
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
7 years of IT work experience in telecommunications and multi-platform environments with experience involving moves, adds and changes, fault isolation and resolution, and end-user support.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Broad knowledge of telecom systems, dial plans, switching architectures, telephony and wiring.
- Basic understanding of distributed systems architecture and general knowledge of multiple technical disciplines.
- Technical knowledge and aptitude in the areas of VOIP networks, network topologies, telecommunications (configuration and connectivity), network servers, applicable software, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to understand and assist in solving telecommunication problems or telecom networkinfrastructure issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a broad base of end users.
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Basic understanding of the enterprise business and business processes; awareness of business unit functions and cross-group dependencies/relationships.
- Good judgment and analytically skills; as well as follow-up and organizational skills.