The Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager is part of the Business Management Department and responsible for the effective and efficient management of client-related projects in order to maximize client service and satisfaction in the overall best interest of Patheon.
The Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager is technically proficient with respect to client and business requirements and responsible for the dissemination and the successful completion of client requirements. This responsibilities include: optimizing production process (as opposed to just production costs), evaluating technical costs of assigned projects, and determining methods and procedures on new assignments which may include the coordination of activities of other employees
In addition the Senior Technology Transfer Project Manager actively leads the client negotiation process for (new) products / projects in the areas of technology transfer portion (including validation for commercial production)
The scope of the position covers three major areas:
- Technical Excellence
- Client Experience and Relationship Management
- New Business Development:
Contribute and provide key inputs to the definition of new business opportunities while meeting with the existing/potential clients, together with the Business Management, during technical meetings with the scope of obtaining new products or the revision of the progress status/completion of projects.
- Technology Transfer:
Maintain continuous contact with the clients, focusing on the clients’ requirements and the interests of the company.
Assign and coordinate the tasks related to the introduction of new processes/projects within the site.
Generate key documentation including the Technology Transfer Checklist, Gap Analysis that includes process design, Technology Transfer Master Plan/Scope, Technology Transfer Report, Project Timeline and Action Item lists.
- Project Management:
Lead, track, follow up and monitor key network project activities to ensure alignment with expectations and agreed-upon timeline. Oversee planning, execution and closure of all Engineering/Feasibility/Optimization phase activities. Chair regular meetings and correspondence between internal and client teams.
- Optimization of the Production Process:
Contribute to the optimization of the production process, with continuous efforts to increase project savings on the technical side. While maintaining compliance with cGMP and company procedures
- Risk Management:
Advice the Site Business Management with the definition of the technical risks related to the acquisition of the new job orders, through collecting necessary details required for the evaluation, and completing the evaluation, respecting the interests of the company. Work closely with the Process Engineer to fully understand scope and requirements for projects triggered by events on existing commercial products.
- PDS Relationship Management:
Work closely with Pharmaceutical Development Services (PDS) formulator to follow and understand early stage product development for PDS-to-Commercial product transfers for the most complex cases.
- Internal Support and Client Relations:
Provide support as needed to Validation and Production during the Validation/Stability phase, including review and approval of process validation documents.
- All company functions
- Potential clients
- Existing key clients until the time of the production transfer from the client to Patheon
- GMP and Health & Safety:
Ensure cGMP is applied in work area and complies with cGMP in all areas of the business.Understand and apply as needed, emergency procedures and safe systems of work.Comply with all EH & S requirements. Observe safety behavior in the working environment.
- Evaluation of the Technical Costs:
Support the Commercial Quotes Group with the evaluation of the technical costs of the new job orders, providing the material technical details, production schedule, processes, and supply costs, aligning with the interests of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific/pharmaceutical area or in engineering. Master’s Degree or equivalent in one of these areas is preferred
- 5-10 years of previous experience in Engineering/Production/QA/QC or development of pharmaceutical products. PMP certification is an asset, as is client service/ project management experience
- Strong technical skills in pharmaceutical techniques and pharmaceutical production
- Excellent Client service/ Project Management experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in the English language
- Advanced Negotiation & Communication skills
- Commercial business orientation / financial acumen
- Excellent organizational and Project Management experience and skills,
- Strong analytical abilities with detail orientation
- Strong Ability to work and to guide a team as well as independently