The PO will work as a translator between the Business units and the Technology team; lead the PO team to conduct requirements gathering meetings, JAD sessions, and root cause analysis, documents requirements, use stories; coordinate test activities, and release management. Assist in project management.
- Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs
- Interact with business and operations stakeholders to determine requirements for new projects and enhancements.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC to ensure implementation of system requirements
- Provide recommendations to internal business groups on process improvement projects by analyzing business process flows and identifying changes.
- Define current/future state process flows.
- Handle change management. Conduct root cause analysis and risk/issue identification.
- Ability to review existing code (SQL, TSQL) and work with development team closely to reverse engineer and draft requirements from legacy products.
- Deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business requirements document, functional requirements, use cases, wire frames, report mockups, dashboards and process workflow design.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of business needs from both technical and business perspectives
- Assist testing team to ensure requirements are easily understood and to identify comprehensive testing scenarios
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems / Computer Science / Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in SDLC, gathering and documenting requirements for various complex business systems
- 4+ years of experience in conducting business requirement sessions, JAD sessions and various elicitation techniques.
- Experience in data analysis using SQL, MS Access or related technologies.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and translate business requirements into Functional Specifications
- Expert knowledge of TFS and tracking US and sprints management
- Good knowledge of MS SharePoint and Teams for collaboration
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Past technical experience and/or development experience in any technologies and role.
- Knowledge of health insurance industry - Claims processing, ICD 9/10, Medicare, or Medicaid.
- Experience in UML Modeling.
- PO / CBAP / Agile Certifications preferred.