US Silica is one of the leading producers of commercial silica sand used in the oil and gas industry, as well as in a wide range of industrial applications. Over its 110+ year history, US Silica has established a long standing reputation for strong financials, strong relationships and a strong team of professionals. We are currently operating industrial and oil and gas sand production plants around the country.
The company operates on a platform of ethics, safety and sustainability. We are committed to meeting the needs of our customers in a sustainable way while providing for the health and safety of our employees, customers and the environment in the communities where we live and work.
US Silica has also been named to Forbes’ annual list of America’s Best Small Companies. We were ranked 1st out of 100 public companies with annual sales under $1 billion. If you would like to be a part of our amazing growth, pleaseapply!
The Technology Product Developer will create new products and business opportunities for the Industrial and Specialty Products business. This position will lead projects through a stage gate product development process from the ideation through commercialization phases. This person will need to keep abreast of market intelligence and new opportunities for the Industrial and Specialty Products business. The position will require about 30 percent travel time to visit customers, plants, or conferences. The Technology Process Developer will report into the Industrial and Specialty Products Technology Director.
US Silica is a leading producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica, calcined kaolin clay and aplite clay. In addition to offering over 200 products in this category, US Silica also operates as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions utilizing the same raw materials. The wide variety of industries and applications served by US Silica includes oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis. The company operates on a platform of ethics, safety and sustainability.
- Project leader for moderate length new product developments with a focus on chemical improvements. Develop, execute, and control detailed work plan.
- Develop, plan, and organizing lab, pilot, and production plant trials using appropriate design of experiments
- Critically evaluate performance data to determine next steps in the product development process
- Interface with various personal to accomplish project: production, supply chain, customers, suppliers, and science and technology
- As required, recommend appropriate equipment to purchase to meet project objectives.
- Develop new test procedures for lab and production to support the new products or processes
- Present research plans and interim results to cross business and/or senior management teams.
- Develop patents, trade secrets and/or other intellectual property that provides a business advantage
- As necessary, provide technical support to production
Qualifications - Experience and Education
- Minimum of Masters in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other appropriate science or engineering discipline.
- PhD degree highly preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a new product development role.
- Expert project management skills
- Must have understanding of statistical design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Must be able to work and communicate with all levels of the company workforce
- Proven Planning and Organization skills
- History of building collaborative relationships
- Successful history of innovation and adaptability
U.S. Silica is an equal opportunity employer for all without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, disability or veteran status. U.S. Silica is a smoke- and drug-free workplace.