The Senior Technology Consultant is accountable for driving Buyer's integration initiative with the SAP Ariba Solutions to automate their buying processes and drive collaborative commerce with their vendors. The Senior Technology Consultant's responsibilities include implementation of the technical components of the SAP Ariba Solution's open interfaces to the customer's business applications. The Senior Technology Consultant serves as an Ariba Network and Ariba On-Demand expert on integration options for the customer requirements and influencer of resources that impact the customer's success. The Integration Consultant will demonstrate the ability to oversee multiple programs and provide technical support as they grow their knowledgebase of Ariba tools and technology. Strong communication skills and a strong technical background is required to effectively drive customer projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consult customers on ecommerce integration options and recommended processes
- Advise customers on creative and flexible solutions to speed integration and ultimately transactions to drive their business
- Engage with Buyers independently with minimal manager/leadership over site
- Lead and facilitate customer integration sessions to identify and document customer requirements
- Lead regular scheduled conference calls to ensure project status is tracking as planned
- Ability to manage multiple projects across different programs liaising with key functional areas
- Coordinate and manage testing process with customer from engagement to deployment
- Assist in resolving issues related to transmission of electronic documents via the Ariba Network and Ariba On Demand solutions
- Lead and influence resources that impact success, including management of and delegating tasks to resolve issues to other teams/individuals when necessary
- Issue / Status Tracking– Provides weekly updates and escalates critical issues to Team and Project management in a timely manner
- Preferred Qualifications
- Driven individual that challenges internal and external customers to provide timely follow up to improve cycle times
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with a willingness to pick up the phone when email isn't getting the job done
- Strong understanding of how document flow and data translation occurs between ERP systems specifically SAP and other business applications such as Oracle, PeopleSoft, Lawson, JDE, Maximo and Ventyx
- Understanding of the functional processes involved in source to payment and the electronic transactions that support them
- Understanding and exposure to EAI, Middleware, and other integration tools
- Ability to adapt support style to align with the technical capabilities of the customer
- Strong Supply Chain knowledge on Procurement and Payable processes
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT Consulting
- Ability to compile status of all projects and provide regular reports to Management
- Ability to work in a multi-functional team environment and influence others that impact success
- Experience creating and delivering presentations on project related work to team members, management, and customers
- Flexibility to adjust regular business hours to the needs of global customers
- Strong technical and customer facing experience
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in SAP ERP (preferably in SAP MM), ABAP, and SAP NetWeaver PI
- Up to 80% travel
SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass strongly values being recognized as a customer-centric driven organization. Our #BeREAL Program ensures that all SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass employees factor optimizing the customer experience into every business decision they make.
What exactly does #BeREAL stand for? The R equals responsiveness to customers (including SAP Ariba colleagues), the E relates to empathy with understanding the culture of our customers and their business objectives, the A signifies being aligned with your SAP Ariba colleagues to deliver the best customer experience, and the L acknowledges that we lead our customers to realize value through our expertise.
To become a part of the SAP Ariba and SAP Fieldglass team, we ask all applicants to share experiences that embody the #BeREAL Commitment.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.