Senior Technology Architect (Security)
11 - 15 years experience • Telecommunications
Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond, Recover.
The digital economy is a new reality. Across Canadian boardrooms, cyber security is a pervasive issue. TELUS Security and its Managed Security Solutions is the way forward in cyber security, meeting these needs head onwith solutions to emerging technologies such as machine learning, hybrid cloud, zero-trust environments, and cognitive analytics, to name a few. Redefine your career with one of the most diverse security organization.
You are a jack of all trades.
As a Security Architect, you bring broad technical knowledge and skills in various areas including data networking, telecom, wireless (fixed & mobile), data center technology and information security fundamentals. While not necessarily a hands-on subject matter expertise in all areas, you do have a core understanding of security architecture frameworks and the ability to perform both conceptual and logical level design.
You know how to tackle customer requirements head on. You have a knack for assembling custom and complex solutions based on an existing standard portfolio of consulting services and managed services, as well ascompiling technical requirements for new features, service enhancements, support models and/or third party capabilities to complete the end to end solution.
This opportunity will allow you to work closely with Sales, Business Development, account Customer Systems Engineers (CSEs), specialist CSEs, and product management to pursue, qualify and establish end-to-end solutions. You will also be actively involved in both pre and post sales activities in support of large, complex initiatives. You will help to develop solutions by building strategies, proposals, cost models, statements of work and bill ofmaterials. Additionally, you will be responsible for the development of architecture artifacts including service specifications, detailed implementation and integration designs, transition plans and other architectural deliverables.
Along with your technical aptitude and abilities, this opportunity showcases your excellent interpersonal skills toenable cross-team collaboration, negotiation and proactive management of customer expectations and experience.
- Collaborate with Bid Management, Sales, Customer Systems Engineers (CSEs) and Solution Consultants to develop complex and/or custom solutions to meet the needs of TELUS business customers
- Provide customer security architecture consulting that align to industry best practices for security and compliance
- Work with Bid Management and/or CSEs to respond to RFQs, RFIs, and RFPs
- Create proposals, presentations, drawing and related technical materials for presentation to prospective customers
- Work with Marketing, Technology Strategy, Fulfillment and Assurance teams to ensure all custom solutions are on strategy, implementable and supportable
- Develop architecture artifacts including service specifications, detailed implementation and integration designs, transition plans and other architectural deliverables
- Identify security improvement opportunities and develop customer specific roadmaps
- Remain abreast of new developments in the industry by attending shows, conferences, and engaging in forum discussions
- Develop strong working relationships with engineering, marketing, and solution architects as required todesign and customize client solutions
Required Technical Knowledge:
- Foundational knowledge of data networking: LAN/WAN routing, switching, IP networks, VPNs, NAT, and redundant architectures
- Strong knowledge and experience in information security controls, infrastructure, concepts, architecture and related compliance: Application and next generation firewalls, intrusion prevention, endpoint security, web and email security, advanced threat protection, authentication systems, DDoS protection, NAC, mobile device management, vulnerability management, log management, incident response, disaster recovery, etc
- Understanding of industry architecture frameworks and design approaches (SABSA, TOGAF, ISO27001, ITIL, COBIT, etc)
- Some understanding of various government and regulatory compliance standards like (ITS-G, PCI, PHIPA, NERC, etc.) is desired
- Strong SIEM knowledge and experience, ideally on the SPLUNK, HUNK and Hadoop platforms
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Understands business and financial fundamentals (cost/benefit, ROI calculations, NPV, etc)
- Experience with designing large complex enterprise solutions
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, maintains bias for action
- Maintains solution development best practices
- Ability to seek out and establish internal and external social network to support the role
Required Experience & Education:
- 10+ years of related information technology experience
- 8+ years of related information security experience
- 5+ years of security architecture experience
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and understanding customer technical/business needs and translating them into viable integrated solutions
- Post-secondary degree or technical diploma in Computer Science/Engineering/MIS or equivalent is required
- Direct experience working with or for systems integrator, telecommunications, IT outsourcing, or managed services provider
- Industry recognized information security certifications (e.g. CISSP, CISM/CRISC, SABSA, TOGAF, ITIL, COBIT, etc)
- Recognized vendor certifications (Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto, HP, Mcafee, Microsoft, etc)
- Formal Sales Engineering and/or Account Planning training