This is a hands-on, technical engineering position dedicated to contributing our users’ successful experience with SnapLogic Enterprise Integrated Cloud platform. Working closely with the Engineering and Product teams, develop lucid documentation. This role demands a strong technical background and highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills that can also thrive independently. This position works directly with cross functional teams in an Agile environment to develop documentation for semi-technical and business users.
What You'll Do:
- Develop technical content spanning user guides, in-product help, UX/UI content, videos/storyboards, tutorials, and release notes.
- Scope documentation impact of user stories and defects.
- Collect details to update the documentation for features developed within a sprint.
- Participate in release planning meetings, daily scrums, and release retrospectives.
- Resolve defect and enhancement requests from internal stakeholders and external users.
- Become a SnapLogic subject matter expert (SME).
- Effectively communicate procedural and technical issues to audience ranging from business users to IT.
- Work closely with a globally-dispersed team, across time zones, to get the information you need and getting review feedback.
- Prioritize workload for multiple projects on a quarterly release cycle.
- Be a customer advocate.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+years technical writing experience with:
- Application/data integrations, APIs, and cloud-based enterprise software. This may include:
- HTTP technology and principles, including REST protocols
- Database technologies and a working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Demonstrable writing skills for providing concepts and procedures to varying audiences.
- Solid experience with Confluence, Snagit, JIRA, Google Docs, and Slack.
- Proven interpersonal skills, working effectively with various levels of the organization, across many different functional areas.
- Excellent organizational skills (must be able to manage concurrent projects with different parts of the organization).
- Self-directed individual that continuously seeks out new challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or a similar field.