As a Senior Technical Writer for Smiths Medical you will have the opportunity to join our team to do the following:
Duties and Responsibilites
- Coordinate the development of domestic and international labeling for Smiths Medical ASD, Inc. products.
- Use working knowledge of technical communications concepts, regulatory issues, product specifications, and customer specifications to design and write new technical or instructional documentation.
- Provide leadership to Technical Communications Department, providing expertise to technical writers and in product labeling development.
- Revise existing labeling to correspond with product changes. Ensure labeling is reviewed and approved according to company policies and procedures.
- Develop new product labeling, manuals, and instructions for use that meet customer, regulatory, legal, marketing, engineering, and clinical requirements.
- Use experience, company systems and market knowledge to provide leadership for department and company in designing, developing and implementing labeling systems.
Required Skills andExperience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Journalism, English or Technical Communications or equivalent education and 7-10 years of technical writing experience.
- Experience in a leadership position with the medical device or health related industry highly desired.
- Excellent verbal communications, written communications and editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Creative Suite (i.e. InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat), and other basic computer software/hardware.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations as they relate to labeling requirements for Smiths products.
- Ability to learn and apply medical device regulations as they relate to labeling requirements for Smiths products.
- Ability to determine how the user will interact with the product and make recommendations for product design during product development.
- Ability to interpret technical and clinical information (product design specifications, current clinical and medical used for therapies and procedures) and translate it into customer-oriented materials.
- Ability to propose and implement creative approaches to the communication of technical information.
- Ability to propose new approaches to product labeling, technical documentation, and instructional materials which reflect sensitivity to customers' requirements.
At Smiths Medical, we are passionate about improving and saving the lives of patients through high quality, innovative medical devices and services. We are a leading global manufacturer of specialty medical devices that provides innovative and lifesaving solutions for the world’s healthcare markets.
Specializing in Infusion Therapy, Vascular Access, Vital Care, and Specialty Products & Services, our products are found in hospital, emergency, home and specialty care environments and are used during critical and intensive care, surgery, post-operative care and for supporting managing chronic illness.