As a member of the Learning Team, the Senior Technical Writer produces written content to help basys employees and customer end users learn how to use our software products. This position collaborates with project managers, software developers, business analysts, trainers, and customer implementation managers in order to deliver the online user documentation, end user job aids, training content, and configuration guides that will assist end users with the use of our product.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Define, share, and implement technical communication strategy for the basys product suite
- Manage documentation projects proactively, by creating and communicating documentation plans and schedules, tracking and reporting documentation status, identifying and working with management and various teams to remove roadblocks and escalate issues as needed
- Create, maintain and publish product release notes, traditional end-user documentation, context-sensitive online help, videos, and other content that supports key end-user processes
- Create, maintain and publish software documentation for basys employees
Required For Success
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, Information Systems, Writing, or a related field
- 5-7years’ experience creating technical content aimed at software end-users (*Must be able to provide work product samples, specifically user documentation and instructional guides)
- Experience with various forms of technical communication, especially non-technical end user documentation and multi-media
- Hands on experience with leading content management and documentation tools such as RoboHelp, MadCap Flare, and Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Knowledge of varied documentation delivery options, with experience in preparing online and print documentation for users of software products
- Ability to work efficiently on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced Agile development environment
- Ability to work independently to personally drive the documentation and delivery process to meet objectives
- Prior experience implementing a documentation process from design to commercial releasepreferred
- Experience with WordPress is a plus
For four decades basys continuously is the recognized leader in developing, deploying and supporting software solutions in the Taft-Hartley industry. We provide an integrated solution suite to make our customers work more efficiently. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, and with employees working across the United States, our highly-skilled technologists collaborate to solve complex business problems and deliver tailored software applications to suit our customers’ business needs.
Our people are vital to our success.
- We provide opportunity, nurture talent, and develop leaders…
- Imagine a career where you take pride in the work you do.
- The solutions you develop have a direct impact within the industry.
- You are appreciated and acknowledged for going above and beyond the bar that is already set high.
- You receive honest and constructive feedback to propel your career to the next level.
- A place that values diverse backgrounds, experiences and personalities, where humor and laughter are encouraged.
We move fast, take risks, and pride ourselves on staying flexible, fun, and committed to executing each day. If you want to surround yourself with passionate, dedicated people to collaborate in achieving challenging results, choose basys for your next career move and apply today.
Equal Opportunity Employer