Senior Technical Test Analyst, Service Technologies
The concept of “Blizzard polish,” that is, the infinite care and loving detail put into every aspect of our games, is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It’s a responsibility shared across the company – and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment quality assurance (QA). We’re searching for like-minded folks with a passion for QA to help us continue to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences for years to come. Blizzard QA is a close-knit team; we care about iteration, problem solving, and succeeding as a group. We genuinely love what we do for a living, and expect the same from everyone who joins us! If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let’s get to work!
- Work with development and quality assurance teams to develop test plans and approach for products and present the QA perspective.
- Coach and mentor technical test analysts and provide code reviews.
- Lead a technical test team.
- Analyze design and source code to determine needed test hooks and API testing.
- Identify, design, and implement technical solutions that increase test efficacy, effectiveness, and coverage while reducing test costs.
- Design, use, and modify test harnesses and scripts to implement technical tests.
- Analyze test data and results to identify patterns and influence engineering quality.
- Determine metrics for testing, monitor results, and relay risk to stakeholders.
- Gather requirements for and implement continuous test improvement.
- Develop training materials for project team and lead workshops for technical test design, requirements gathering, and risk identification.
- Work with third party vendors as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in software testing
- A minimum of 5 years’ professional C# experience
- Expert in architecture of and writing test scripts in Python, Lua, or Selenium
- Proven ability to create data analysis tools and interpret large data sets
- Experience creating automation frameworks and / or test harnesses
- Passion for video games and software quality
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Experience with game engines, content and asset editors, and share technologies
- Experience with application lifecycle and test case management software development planning tools
- Expert working in JIRA and test case management software
- Experience with enterprise software automation solutions
- Experience testing on multiple platforms, Windows, Mac, console, and mobile
- Familiar with Blizzard line of products and service