Senior Technical Systems Analyst
What is the opportunity?
As a Senior Technical Systems Analyst you support the Charles River Investment Management system, Eagle Pace & Star, and othertrading and investment solutions within RBC Global Asset Management, U.S.
You manage and support a suite of business mission-critical and complex applications. The technology platform spans the breadth of Windows .NET and Web-based applications, with Perl interfaces, Crystal reporting, MS SQL Server and Citrix.
What will you do?
- Support the Charles River and Eagle Applications as they relate to business processes and user requests.
- Partner withinfrastructure and business teams to resolve business system issues (i.e. workflow solutions, batch cycle troubleshooting, technical interface issues, hardware issues, etc.).
- Work with development teams to review requirements and implementation plans, and facilitate transition to support and manage implementation to production environments.
- Build relationships with business and infrastructure teams that will facilitate becoming an application and business workflow subject matter expert.
- Evaluate and operate day-to-day activities with third party vendors.
- Conduct meetings, give presentations, and provide consulting services to business partners on new initiatives.
- Participate in the application on-call rotation within the team to support applications during non-business hours.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of IT experience with demonstrated ability to read stored procedures, create and run SQL queries, troubleshoot batch cycle issues, and diagnose and resolve hardware issues
- Experience with Business Process Analysis tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS, or technology-related certificate and relevant work experience
- Experience with a trading system and/or investment accounting system (i.e. Charles River, Eagle, etc.)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Client First: We will always earn the right to be our clients’ first choice
- Collaboration: We win as One RBC
- Accountability: We take ownership for personal and collective high performance
- Diversity & Inclusion: We embrace diversity for innovation and growth
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest standards to build trust
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80, full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. , please visit .
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.