The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for providing computer information systems to departments in LivaNova. The Senior Systems Analyst analyzes, designs, develops, and documents computer information systems, serves as a project leader to guide systems through programming, testing, and implementation, investigates, and recommends software for purchase and provides support and leadership through implementation, provides ongoing support to users through maintenance and troubleshooting, and assists the IT department in planning and personnel training.
The ability to effectively manage multiple, complex information systems projects concurrently is required. Effective interpersonal, customer service, organizational, and team-building skills are required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency in writing technical specification documents are required. Strong technical skills and current technical knowledge are required. The ability to maintain confidentiality regarding the information processed, stored, or accessed by the systems is required. The ability to work effectively with a variety of constituencies possessing a wide range of technical knowledge is required. The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds is required.
Essential Job Responsibilities and Functions
- Assists the department in reviewing current systems and developing Datawarehouse solutions to allow seamless reporting.
- Facilitates departments obtaining new computer systems or modifications to existing systems by understanding the functions of the department and analyzing current processing and procedures, advising them on appropriate alternatives in meeting their computing needs, and assisting them in the preparation of associated requests.
- Provides automation of administrative tasks by designing computer information systems that effectively perform those tasks.
- Develops validation documents by creating detailed design specifications including system narratives, file layouts, screen layouts, report layouts, and program narratives.
- Effectively resolves complex problems by conducting a thorough analysis of the problems and employing appropriate strategies for resolution.
- Provides continuity of leadership, management, and support for the IT group by assuming the duties and responsibilities of the IT counterparts during absences and providing support for systems during the absence of the assigned Systems Analysts.
- Ensures the availability of computer resources by managing disaster prevention and recovery efforts caused by events like power outages, hardware failures, etc.
- Contributes to the development of policies and procedures by serving on appropriate committees and supporting validated environments.
- Supporting the quality and regulatory departments to ensure high-quality standards are met when developing or integrating solutions.
- Contributes to the overall success of IT by performing all other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree or the equivalent is required; a Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the design of major business computer systems or implementation and/or management of major software systems is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of project lead experience is required. Experience with Business Intelligence, RDBMS and SQL, web development, and technology security issues are required.
- Experience in the design and programming of computer applications in a team-oriented environment is required.