Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission. Higher education is facing a profound change what with the shifting demographics and cultural perceptions, combined with declining support and rising expectations. This is forcing colleges and universities to do more with less and that is where we come in.
As true believers in the power of education to transform lives, we are dedicated to helping all of our customers thrive—not just survive—by transforming their institutions from the traditional paper-based colleges of yesterday to the agile, connected campuses of today.
Working with cloud solutions built on a world-class infrastructure to powerful analytics that drive successful planning, we lead the industry in building enterprise solutions tailored to institutions around the world.
- Recommending or performing complex actions to correct problems using remote diagnostics, remediation technology and tools or at user locations to install, modify, or make repairs to computer hardware and/or software.
- Supervising and supporting major computer system and laptop deployments, and similar projects.
- Responding in a timely fashion to client inquiries and escalated issues concerning the operation of client-owned assets
- Providing updates, status, and completion information to management regarding all assigned incidents, requests, and projects
- Providing regular updates to tickets within the work queue with the frequency depending on priority level.
- Escalating all high priority or sensitive customer requests/concerns to the Technical Director, or when appropriate, the CIO.
- Controlling coordination with affected end-user departments
- Testing and evaluating specified software packages, proposed hardware, and software to determine efficiency, reliability, and compatibility with existing computer systems, peripherals, and the network.
- May provide assistance with entry-level network tasks such as network account maintenance, and activation of data jacks.
- Responsible for handling higher-level projects including: coordination of in-person registration setup and breakdown, project planning and coordinating with other individuals for project completion and/or progress reporting.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer service as set forth by the Ellucian general competencies.
- Contributing to development of yearly learning plan and complete plan as instructed by supervisor.
- Coordinating activities with the Help Desk and Desktop Support, Network Services, Enterprise Application Services and other team members.
- Properly delegating appropriate work to student technicians based on need and workload.
- Producing relevant documentation surrounding operational processes and process improvement.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- PC Troubleshooting and Support (Windows 7, 8, 10, OSX) experience
- Microsoft Applications troubleshooting and support experience, including Office 2007-2016 products
- Basic knowledge of Mac OS.
- Ability to troubleshoot network related issues (TCP/IP, DNS) from the desktop.
- Familiarity with desktop imaging process (SCCM)
- Experience in an enterprise print management operation with emphasis on printer setup and troubleshooting
- Experience with audio visual systems and support, including video and digital signage
- Must have the ability to work effectively with end-users, gain their confidence, understand their technical and operational needs and translate them into viable technical solutions.
- Must participate in on-call rotation
- Willingness to work as a contributing member of the team including other systems personnel, the operations staff, and the account administrators.
- Lifting & moving of equipment weighing up to 50 pounds may be required during the course of work.