The ideal candidate will have strong hands-on networking knowledge and have at least 4 years previous experience in a technical support role and must be able to adapt quickly to any technical challenge. You must have a strong Windows foundation and/or solid Linux/Unix experience in an enterprise environment. Candidate must be passionate about security, and individuals with CISSP/CEH or equivalent are preferred. Applicant will have a deep understanding of network services, and how they work from a protocol/configuration level.
- 4+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Unix/Linux experience in an enterprise environment.
- In-depth TCP/IP understanding.
- Common OS services(IIS, BIND, Apache, AD, WINS, Samba, SSH).
- Strong knowledge of current firewall, Intrusion Detection System technologies, and Network Vulnerability Scanners.
- Windows Active Directory authentication and security.
- Knowledge of Samba/Active Directory integration
- CIFS, DNS, ACL, server/client configuration.
- Outstanding troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Splunk usage including but not limited to log queries and report/dashboard generation
- Bachelor of Science, preferably with a major in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Systems Management experience (KACE, GPO deployments)
- Experienced with packet capture review and diagnosis.
- Previous API support and Regex knowledge.
- Scriptingexperience (Bash, Python)
- Knowledge of major web server software (IIS, Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, WebLogic), UNIX/Windows web services, and diverse platforms and applications (Linux, Windows2003/2008, Windows NT, Novell, Lotus Notes, Mac OS).
- Oracle and Microsoft SQL knowledge highly desirable.
- CCNA, MCSE, CISSP, CompTIA Security+, and CEH highly desirable.
- Bilingual candidates highly desirable (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Portuguese)
- Experience with Customer Support and Development Tools (Salesforce, Jira, etc.)