What you get to do in this role:
The Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow Technical Support team focusing on Performance and instance availability. This includes being the last point of escalation within the technical support department and mentoring junior team members in the various technologies.
The successful candidate will be able to quickly gain an understanding of the ServiceNow platform. This is a customer-facing role and therefore it requires strong inter-personal skills in addition to strong technical skills. ?The Technical Support Engineer must able to work outside of normal business hours (evening/weekend shifts, holidays) as needed.
Those we hire will be trained and mentored in these technologies as appropriate by our senior staff and will work to support a growing base of customers globally. Successful candidates will enjoy a generous earning potential and the chance to expand their role in the company as we grow. Relocation assistance will be considered.?
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Strong Experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Oracle)
- Java experience
- Advanced Unix/Linux experience
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Experience diagnosing performance degradation (e.g. explain plans, database tuning)
- Experience working well in a team environment while also being able to work productively while unsupervised
- Strong personal commitment to quality and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems
- Ability to work with high-value customer administrators and developers
- Excellent time management skills
- Consistent ability to work evenings and weekends
- Understanding of basic networking and system administration
The following additional skills are preferred but not required:
- Experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Advanced object oriented programming skills (Java strongly preferred).
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following Technical Skills
- Web Services (consuming or providing) (SOAP, REST)
- Data Extraction Technologies (e.g. JDBC, ODBC)
- Any bi-directional, automated integration between two systems
- TCP/IP, Networking knowledge
- Experience with Splunk
- Understanding of Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Strong Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- A fundamental understanding of ITSM, ITIL, and/or CMDB