Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As a New Relic Support Engineer you know more about our products than any other function, and you feel a sense of pride and happiness helping customers through their never-seen-before technical issues. We are serious about keeping our skills sharp so we can provide extraordinary assistance in a constantly evolving technical landscape. We emphasize training, knowledge, and customer empathy — your learning opportunities will never end.
You will collaborate with other Support Engineers to creatively and passionately solve customer problems, while honing your technical skills. You will use your insight and creativity to help us identify recurring or systemic problems and suggest ways we might address them. You are committed to equity and inclusion, and eager to work with a team that cultivates and celebrates intersectional diversity.
What You’ll Do
- You will work across teams to solve complex technical customer problems.
- You will support New Relic customers by solving various installation, configuration, and data exploration requests.
- You will advocate for our customers to our Product Organization by providing feedback on feature requests and bugs which could improve the customer experience of the New Relic platform.
- You will level up your skill set through additional training and exposure to other programming languages featured in the APM product.
- You will manage internal projects, including Support-readiness initiatives
- Share knowledge through multiple mediums and channels to uplevel other Support Engineers
- Strategically engage with other departments, to effectively represent both Support and the “voice of the customer”
- You have 2-3 years experience delighting customers in a technical support role
- You are knowledgeable in the Java programming language and networking essentials
- You can demonstrate authoritative troubleshooting skills
- You exhibit a high level of empathy -- even with customers who are having a bad day
- You are able to collaborate across teams and disciplines to solve problems
- You would be willing to work a flexible schedule in a 24/7/365 support environment (including the possibility of a weekend shift)
- You have worked in a DevOps environment or Software Engineering role.
- You have a working knowledge of Linux-based web hosting and Linux environments
- You have experience as a Technical Support Engineer in Enterprise or SaaS companies
- You are AWS or Azure Cloud Certified
- You have programmed in, or supported customers in, any of the following languages/frameworks: .NET, PHP, Ruby, Python, Node, GO.
- Experience with New Relic products