An HID Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing an outstanding customer experience while supporting and assisting customers (this includes sales personnel, channel partners, and end-users) with assigned HID products by performing the duties listed below.
What you will be doing
- Resolves assigned HID Physical Access Control product questions &/or problems by telephone, e-mail, chat, remote sessions, and/or in person. Most support is provided via telephone and e-mail.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the following product offerings and technical support procedures in order to provide accurate solutions to customers.
- Amass level 3 knowledge on the HID PACS Cloud Services (including Mobile Access, Reader Manager); pivCLASS Solution (cards, readers, software); wall readers and credential technologies (examples include HID Prox, iCLASS SE, Signo, Seos, MIFARE, PIV, magstripe)
- Amass level 2 knowledge on EDGE EVO Solo, Fargo branded printer and AsureID products as it pertains to utilizing the encoders
- Amass level 1 knowledge on HID OEM Controllers (VertX, Aero, Mercury).
- Understanding of physical access control system architectures to include an understanding of what products HID and/or our Partners offer in each market and competitive product that HID does not sell or offer.
- Level 3 knowledge for the above includes the ability to answer Pre-Sales, Installation, and advanced troubleshooting questions that would include to reproduce the issue with a duplication of the customer environment. Troubleshooting includes download and installation of drivers and software, collecting logs and other items as necessary, wiring, configuration issues/errors, configuration cards, reader operation, credential questions/issues, and escalation of issues to Level 4 and/or engineering as necessary to resolve or identify viable work around to customer issues.
- Promote accurate features, benefits, value, and proper use of products when assisting customers and providing a positive solution to customer problems.
- Maintain accurate records of customer contact information, summary of contact and problem resolution utilizing Salesforce CRM. Additional administration of Salesforce CRM to include, but not limited to, FAQs, documentation, Knowledge Articles and other content.
- Performs testing and provides feedback to engineering, operations and product management regarding product problems, enhancements, and customer requirements for new product features as requested.
- Assist Associate Technical Support Engineers and Technical Support Engineers with issues and escalations as necessary.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of technical support procedures.
- Attend product team meetings to represent the customer and Technical Support to include issue triage, service pack planning, and new product planning.
What we are looking for
- BA/BS degree in a technical subject, and/or 5-10 years of experience within software or access control field.
- Must possess a minimum of five years of experience in technical service and support, preferably in software or access control field.
- Must have excellent telephone/interpersonal/communication skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- An understanding of physical access control systems to include what products HID and/or our Partners offer in each market and competitive products that HID does not sell or offer.
Who you are
- Knowledge of client and server operating systems, such as Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2012 or newer and Linux. Knowledge is to include basic installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of the various operating systems.
- Must be familiar with Physical Access Control industry related terms and definitions.
- Knowledge of Cloud Computing environments.
- Knowledge of Mobile Devices (Application and BLE)
- Knowledge of Windows and application logging.
- Knowledge of virtualization and use of VM Ware.
- Should have experience with SQL Server (or other DBs).
- Should have experience with operation, connectivity, and troubleshooting of networking devices (i.e. hubs/routers/modems/switches).
- Should have experience with contact smart cards and the associated CA usage.
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus.