The Senior Dedicated Support Engineer will work directly with Tableau Enterprise Support customers and their Technical Account Managers to own all technical concerns regarding their Tableau environment. Senior Dedicated Support Engineers will provide experienced support and troubleshooting skills to resolve complex technical issues, and proactively address any challenges that impact broader adoption of Tableau products.
Some of the things you'll be doing include …
- Own and resolve all issues with a high sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Ability to perform in-depth troubleshooting, create reproduction environments, and provide root cause analysis.
- Prioritize high-profile and escalated cases.
- Effectively communicate with customers, Technical Account Managers, and local Account teams via email, phone and other electronic methods.
- Maintain excellent relationships with Tableau Enterprise Support customers, Technical Account Managers, Product Management, Sustaining Engineering, and local Account Teams.
- Contribute to Tableau knowledge, community, and training resources.
- Escalate support cases and priority issues to management as needed.
- Maintain impeccable case hygiene and customer related files and records.
- Participate in the weekend support on-call rotation once every 3-6 months.
- Suggest and implement improvements to internal processes and tools.
- Identify and independently take on additional tasks.
- Seek out and embrace leadership and mentoring opportunities.
Who you are…
- Technical Support Enthusiast. 4+ years demonstrated experience supporting and troubleshooting enterprise level, mission-critical applications. Excellent case worker (skilled at Case Administration, response writing, and call handling)
- Highly Technical. 4+ years of experience with security, networking, databases, SQL, and Windows Server. Linux experience also preferred.
- Customer Focused. Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated by the ability to: listen to and empathize with others; convey confidence; provide exemplary levels of service; resolve conflict effectively; collaborate with and facilitate small groups
- Continuous Learner. Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly. BA/BS degree in Computer Science preferred, or equivalent technical or quantitative degrees
- and equivalent technical support work experience
- Problem Solver. Demonstrated success as a highly creative, curious technologist and problem solver
- Multi-Tasker. Demonstrated ability to multi-task, handle frequent interruptions, and prioritize a high volume workload with a high sense of urgency and accuracy
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world.