At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The office of Infrastructure CTO at IBM Public Cloud Platform team is responsible for defining the next Generation Cloud Platform infrastructure stack, setting up the long term direction of platform architecture working closely with customers, partners, analyzing industry trends, etc. This position is for an extraordinary research engineer to support the networking aspects of IBM's future cloud platform (SDN, NFV, network architecture, network services, etc.).
- 50% of the time will be spent doing research on Public Cloud Infrastructure space, with a primary emphasis on Next Generation Network, network function virtualization (NFV), and similar technologies.
- 50% of the time will be spent working closely with the NFV platform engineering team doing proofs of concept (POCs), helping with platform development, and related tasks.
- Represent IBM Public Cloud Platform in the industry forum.
- Provide technical & architectural leadership for next generation of product development on NFV.
- Architecture, design, and implementation of network services that provide necessary scalability, performance and security of the public cloud platform.
- Coding and implementation of new software micro-services to address specific aspects of the cloud platform.
- Actively participate in architectural decisions, design, and code reviews.
- Work closely with distributed teams across Engineering, QA, Product Management in all phases of software development.
- Work in an Agile development environment while continuously evaluate and improve engineering processes.
- Help Engineering/Development to perform POC/Evaluating different vendor products.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 10+ years of experience in development building large scale distributed multi-tenant software system preferably in Public cloud space.
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience in SDN/NFV architecture, principles, interfaces, and protocols.
- Highly scalable and consistent Rest API Development experience, TOASCA, and Yang modeling knowledge.
- Solid background and experience in networking, including routing, switching, data center networking, overlay networking, security, and automation.
- Micro-services based modern software development knowledge and skills in a DevOps environment.
- Experience on highly distributed multi-tenant NoSQL database design and deployment in support of massively scalable systems.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Solid knowledge & skills of Python/Java/GoLang/GRPC/Docker/Kubernetes/Istio/etc.
- Track record of large-scale multi-tenant highly scalable distributed system software development.
- Experience collaborating effectively across time zones.