PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Working under the general direction of the Section Manager or Project/Program Manager (if assigned) , the Technical Solution Sr. Manager (TSM, Sr.) will be responsible for the overall design and implementation of multiple, highly complex and large technical solutions that lead to the desired outcomes as defined in Project charters and articulated by Project Sponsors and Business Owners. The TSM, Sr. will oversee a diverse technical team’s (Directs and Matrixed Resources) activities and be accountable for the end to end solutions delivery, including promotion to the production environment, handover to Enterprise Support Services teams, and support during the burn-in period. The TSM, Sr. will be responsible for partnering with the Project Manager/Program, if one assigned, Project Sponsor, Business Owner and other technical teams such as Architecture to ensure alignment with business and project objectives. The technical projects assigned will be medium to large sized and highly complex technical solutions. The TSM, Sr. may work on multiple, enterprise-wide technical solutions concurrently.
- Contributes to the technical project definition in partnership with the business sponsors and the Project Manager/ Program Manager (if assigned) for medium to large sized and highly complex technical projects with multiple deliverables or components. The Senior Technical Solutions Manager will typically work on multiple enterprise-level projects which require advanced Technical skills. Demonstrates the ability to quickly adapt to modifications on project(s)/program. Defines the technical solution constraints and deliverables. Develops and oversees to the project schedule, adjusts the project schedule, and manages the schedule performance to the project plan schedule. Leads the technical solutions from inception to final business acceptance and implementation. Serves as a consultant and partner to the sponsor from the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing technology to achieve the goals of the enterprise. In addition, progress against the plan will be reported to the business sponsor and Project Manager or Program Manager (if assigned) on a periodic basis. Works closely with client on business change management activities and adoption of technical solutions.
- Estimates staff resource needs for analysts, developers, business users, and consultants. Consults with Section Manager and other Enterprise Technical Resource Managers to assign resources to meet the technical solution objectives for the project with multiple deliverables or components being managed within highly complex technical projects. Provides input to the Project Manager or Program Manager (if assigned) for project budgets and manages expenditures to project plan budget.
- Reviews project documentation and deliverables and assures it is complete, acceptable and in accordance with Enterprise Governance Standards. Leads status meetings with the technical team on a regular basis and provides status updates to the Project Manager or Program Manager (if assigned). Provides updates and feedback to Business Sponsors and Business Owners as needed.
- Directly and indirectly manages a team of solutions analysts and/or developers in the development and implementation of solutions and applications across the firm. Provides coaching and mentoring to staff in order to deliver quality service and solutions to the most critical and complex issues. Monitors and motivates team members work performance through coaching, one on ones, and development planning in order to develop high performing teams. Writes and delivers performance reviews.
- Develops, oversees, and implements the project Risk Plan and Mitigation Strategy and manages technical solutions risks throughout the course of the project. Identifies cross project dependencies, and works with Project Manager or Program Manager (if assigned) and peer Technical Solutions Sr. Mangers and Section Managers to manage dependencies throughout the project lifecycle and across the enterprise. Manages the most complex technical solutions Issues and Change Control Requests to resolution throughout the course of the project.
- College degree and 6 years of related work experience, or
- Associate degree and 8 years related work experience, or
- High School diploma/equivalent and 10 years related work experience
- Prior management experience of a development team and strong leadership ability
- Ability to quickly adapt and lead change in modifications to program/projects
- Prior Technical Solutions Manager experience – minimum of 4 years
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions
- Experience managing projects using Agile methods
- Experience managing projects using current DevOps tools
- Proficient in performance management, including delivering written performance evaluations, and career coaching.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships based on mutual value.
- Ability to effectively address conflict and build consensus among various levels of leadership.
- Ability to work well with people with varying technical abilities
- Ability to translate technical concepts into non-technical terms
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated successful mastery of major components of the solutions lifecycle development methodology in the context of major systems implementations
- Must be able to meet with business sponsors and owners of varying levels
- Demonstrated high level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Extensive experience with process reengineering
- Mastery of testing concepts and skilled in managing system testing initiatives
- Strong knowledge of business processes related to business channel supported
- College degree in technical area or business preferred
- 10 to 15 years of technology work experience including 7 years of people management experience and 7 or more years of managing projects preferred
- Experience with projects in multiple technologies and functions preferred
- Experience in Financial Services
- Prior development or analyst experience preferred
- Experience managing or having a significant role in data migration projects
- Experience with vendor management and SOW (Statement of Works)