Requisition ID: 361
Grace is built on talent, technology, and trust, Grace is a leading global supplier of catalysts and engineered materials. The company’s two industry-leading business segments—Catalysts Technologies and Materials Technologies—provide innovative products, technologies, and services that enhance the products and processes of our customers around the world. Grace employs approximately 3,700 people in over 30 countries.
The Sr. Technical Service Manager is responsible for leading the manufacturing support for existing and new licensees in the design and construction phase through plant start up and continuing to provide ongoing support post start up.
Major responsibilities include:
- Serve on various Client Teams which are responsible for the development and implementation of technical support for existing and new licensees. An MTM can serve on up to 15 different Client Teams.
- Participate in Engineering and Construction reviews for new plants.
- Organize the Manufacturing Training for client personnel.
- Assemble the start-up teams for new plants.
- Lead warranty run efforts.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts.
- Lead the manufacturing support effort for introducing new technologies into existing plants.
- Take a lead role in organizing and executing Process Technology Exchange Meetings with licensees and in the handling of any follow up action items.
- Hold periodic technology at-site meetings with assigned licensees at their locations to identify operating problems and propose solutions.
- BS engineering (preferably Chemical Engineering)
- At least 8years’ experience in polyolefins manufacturing
- Experience in leading technical teams
- Equipment troubleshooting
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including international business and cultural sensitivity.
- Problem solving
- Lead by example
- Organize and lead multiple simultaneous projects with widely varying objectives.
- Communicate professionally and effectively with persons of various occupational backgrounds, including operations, maintenance, engineering, marketing, legal, and management.
- Keep abreast of industry advancements, propose appropriate advancements for inclusion in our offerings, champion continuous improvement.