The primary function of a Sr. Technical Service Engineer is to provide engineering support for new and existing printed electronics products (conductive, dielectric and transparent inks). Specifics include design and administration of internal screening evaluations on developmental and commercialized printed electronics products going into consumer, medical and automotive electronics markets. Optimization of different printing processing used to apply printed electronics materials in electronics devices. Also direct interaction with customers to troubleshoot and solve product and process related problems. This role also provides global on-site support at Henkel's customers.
What we offer
- Conducts all R&D laboratory work in a safe manner including the use of proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), adherence to site safety practices, use of laboratory equipment, 5S, etc.
- Leads customer interaction/communication for major customers and possibly for key customers.
- Successfully self-directs project work.
- Ability to formulate strong conclusions & path forward from project work.
- Has ability to successfully handle on-sight support of complex customer issues.
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to solving technical problems. Routinely uses knowledge of customer application methods and external literature in project work.
- Demonstrates implicit understanding of customer culture and anticipates their needs when developing new processes.
- Solves technology-specific fundamental problems associated with entire product lines and/or product classes.
- Conceives novel approaches to application process development, troubleshooting, and material characterization.
- Considered an expert in a specific product line and/or market segment.
- Use of Project Management skills to drive projects to completion.
- May give specific work direction to one or more technicians or entry level professionals.
- Develops & presents presentations and webinars.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields.
- 5+ years of work experience in printed electronics materials used in consumer, medical or automotive electronics are required.
- Direct customer experience for the markets and/or applications is required
- Knowledge of applying printed electronics materials on high speed line processing for medical application is desired.
- Ability to gather, understand, and interpret chemical, physical and mechanical data.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with other team members in product development programs.
- Experience in writing technical papers or reports as well presenting results to a technical team.
- Solid interpersonal skills. Candidate must be able to work as a team member and independently on multi-task assignments.
- Knowledgeable in Power Point, Word, Lotus Notes, Excel, Microsoft Project and Statistical Analysis Software is preferred
- Availability to work different shifts if needed.
- Ability to work in a chemical lab environment and with lab equipment and computers.Able to carry out laboratory activities.
- Frequently sit, view a computer screen, and type on a keyboard for extended periods of times.
- Strong verbal communication skills one-on-one with colleagues/customers as well as in front of groups.
- Uses good scientific judgment, statistical analysis, root cause identification and robust solution implementation.
- General knowledge of technical literature (company, patent, published) relevant to projects.
- Occasionally may be required to reach, squat, bend and lift up to 25 lbs.
- Travel within/outside of the United States is required (<15% Travel time)
- May require passing additional security screening based on customer requirements.