Five9 is a leader in Cloud based Call Center solutions and one of the Bay Area's fastest growing companies. To complement our rapid growth, we are actively looking for an experienced Senior Technical Scrum Master to join our team. This position is located at our headquarters in San Ramon, CA. We offer a very competitive base salary, full benefits package, and an attractive employee stock purchase plan. Five9 is a high-energy environment with lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Five9 is seeking a Sr. Technical Scrum Master to play a key role in our product development organization. The Sr. RM/SM will partner closely with the Five 9 engineering & product teams to deliver capabilities that meet overall business strategy and objectives using agile methodologies. The main focus in this role is to work across multi-disciplinary functional scrum teams on innovative technology and help lead & deliver stellar products. This position reports to the Senior Director, Engineering PMO.
- Understand business objectives, product strategy and requirements for major releases and service updates.
- Focus and manage geographically distributed Scrum Delivery Teams to remain focused on delivering the product strategy.
- Partner with Product Managers to manage backlog and prioritize stories for Scrum Delivery Teams consisting of development, quality engineering, documentation and operations.
- Coordinate and facilitate Product Backlog grooming, story mapping, sprint/release planning, daily stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives and demos.
- Enable the Scrum teams to meet sprint goals by identifying and managing risks, helping remove roadblocks & impediments.
- Evangelize & coach adoption of agile best practices.
- The single source of truth for program/project status and priorities for all managed programs and projects, including scheduled reports or impromptu updates to executive management.
- Maintain up to date project status in Five9's agile management tool
- Ensure on-time and effective delivery of high-quality work products from Scrum Teams.
- Update/Create SLDC documentation with cross-functional signoff.
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Program Management: at least 3-4 years as a Scrum Master
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of continuous delivery practices.
- Ability to understand technical requirements and identify impacts/integrations within enterprise system
- Experience as a technical project/program manager in a voice-based software SAAS company
- Experience working on complex problems spanning across multiple products and systems
- Experience working with geographically separated teams.
- Experience of having defined and implemented SDLC changes highly desired.
- Strong program management skills; excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Managing onshore and off-shore project team
- Excellent communicator, able to gain the respect of the team, external stakeholders, and leadership.
- Proven leadership capabilities with cross-functional teams & ability to manage by influence to drive issues to closure.
- Strong technical foundation, a proven track record in delivering high quality work.
- Recommend improvements to Five9 software development processes and tools, deliver those
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or related field.
- Master's Degree preferred.
Recommended – but Not Required:
- Scrum/Agile Certification
- Experience in the contact center industry.
- Understanding of VOIP telephony or contact center software is a huge plus
- Experience with any public cloud platform is a plus
- Experience in Software Development or Testing.
- Experience with source control applications (P4, GIT or similar).
- Experience with code branching strategies.
- Experience with Agile Management tool (Rally, Jira or similar)