Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
Our Technical Project Managers ensure projects run seamlessly, from start to finish, leads others managing projects ensuring cross-functional teams work collaboratively and effectively. Oversee initial plans, set budgets, track project activities and communicate milestones to key stakeholders
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating agile/waterfall technical project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile/waterfall technical projects that provide exceptional business value to our users and customers. This person may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility enterprise technical projects using agile/waterfall methodologies across multiple business divisions
• At an enterprise level, leading and managing large, complex enterprise-level technical projects consisting of multiple Agile/Waterfall teams and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile/Waterfall teams.
• Drive all aspects of IT Project, Program and Portfolio activity, including collaborating and coordinating across all IT and business segments.
• Utilizes advanced level technical project management skills and extensive knowledge of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies to manage assigned projects.
• Proactively identifies barriers and resolves issues, determining contingency plans (executing as needed), while mitigating risk. Escalates issues to appropriate audiences for awareness and/or additional support.
• Defines project value proposition, scope, work plan, resource needs, timeline and budget for IT projects.
• Manages resources to complete project/program on time and within budget.
• Manages a broad, complex of projects as well as overall business programs that contain multiple projects that require high levels of functional integration, change management and technical acumen
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
6+ years of experience with a focus in project financials, technical project management, systems, following agile/waterfall processes
Desirable Technical Requirements