Condé Nast is a global media company producing the highest quality content with a footprint of more than 1 billion consumers in 32 territories through print, digital, video and social platforms. The company’s portfolio includes many of the world’s most respected and influential media properties including Vogue, Vanity Fair, Glamour, Self, GQ, The New Yorker, Condé Nast Traveler/Traveller, Allure, AD, Bon Appétit and Wired, among others. Condé Nast Entertainment was launched in 2011 to develop film, television and premium digital video programming.Job Description
Condé Nast has a huge global footprint across 32 countries worldwide with total monthly visitors reaching more than 550 million. We aim to inspire, inform and entertain our audiences through our portfolio of well known brands such as Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, Architectural Digest, GQ and many other leading brands.
Condé Nast has operations in America, Europe, South America and Asia. There are long-established operations in major Indian cities such as Mumbai and Chennai across many business areas.
The company is undertaking the biggest transformation in its history, looking to consolidate content operations across 12 different markets while ensuring we maintain a high level of standard on the products we are already proud of delivering to our customers. This consolidation will look at another technology tools and systems as well as workflows, and covers the entire editorial process from planning to asset intake to production and distribution.
Our mission in Global Product & Technology (GPT) is to implement the tools to enable creative talent to produce content for our portfolio of global brands such as Vogue, Wired, Vanity Fair, and Glamour which currently reaches over 500 million monthly users. You will be working alongside international colleagues across the world, working with stakeholders in our US and UK HQs as well as within our 10 other markets. We strongly emphasise cross-functional working through partnering directly with our functional pillars in GPT for Product, Engineering, Architecture, Design, UX and Delivery; as well as our business partners in Editorial, Marketing, Commercial and Data.
Condé Nast is looking for a Senior Technical Project Manager to join and help us plan and implement our new Global Content Workflow. We are looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program/Project Manager who has the requisite to manage a significant transformation in our content workflows, with expertise in working cross-functionally within technology teams (Engineering, Design and Product) to drive the delivery and implementation of our Global Content Workflow across multiple International Markets. Your work will drive the future of Condé Nast’s content experience that will reach millions of users.
- Manage end-to-end Technology Project delivery lifecycle via Daily Scrums and regular Project delivery meetings/reporting across multiple workstreams and technical functional areas.:
- Business engagement, discovery and requirements gathering
- Business change management & transition
- Technical solution design and development
- Build, Test and Acceptance
- Infrastructure delivery
- Technology and business implementation & optimisation
- Benefit realisation (benchmarking / tracking) to project objectives
- Drive the delivery of technology development including facilitating budget estimation, sprint planning, infrastructure and network delivery, QA and data migration, engineering release
- Facilitate estimation of project timeline and effort with Technology Engineering Lead and Business Leads
- Actively challenge and refine estimates based on experience and domain knowledge; additionally seeks peers reviews with external (non-project related) resources to validate estimates & delivery approach
- Use of Agile sprint methodology for delivery team
- Manage tracking and resolution process
- Coordinate teams to develop, build, and troubleshoot
- Track requirements and development release schedules
- Report to leadership on progress, roadblocks, and priorities
- Communicate with multiple teams and staff on priorities, tasks, and goals
About you - essential skills
- Bachelor's degree required
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years minimum experience project management experience in IT or software field (ideally in the Media Industry)
- Experience with Project Management and Agile Software Development toolsets: JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets, Windows Suite (MPP, Excel), Google Docs
- PMI/PMP Certification or Prince 2 qualification
- Successful track record of managing scrum- or Kanban-based agile projects to schedule and budget.
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines. Good organisational, planning & time management skills.
- A track record of building, maintaining and managing strong relationships within an international business and across many different stakeholder groups.
- You are self-driven, motivated, and ability to drive objectives forward and see projects and initiatives through to completion
- You have excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- You are able to effectively communicate technical concepts and project status to different audiences
- You love working with a global team and are flexible to adjust hours accordingly
- You raise the bar on all work, and share best practices
- You demonstrate the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively
About you - desirable skills
- Experience and/or interest in working in content production industries