We are looking for Senior Technical Project Manager for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The client is seeking a self-motivated, highly skilled Senior Technical Project Manager (STPM) to provide leadership and "hands-on" support in order to recover a complex project over the next twelve months.
- The role requires the ability to establish a framework to effectively manage vendors and stakeholders and engage executives to drive the project within schedule and budget.
- This individual will work as part of the IT PMO and interact with all levels of the organization across multiple technical and business functions.
- The STPM must be able to adapt, thrive, navigate, and succeed in a large, multi-dimensional environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
- Must have a proven track record of recovering and driving high-level strategic initiatives and the desire get into the details, dig in and get the job done.
Core Skills and Background:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or alternative degree with relevant work experience.
- Minimum 10+ years project management experience.
- Proven track record of managing large, complex, technical implementations with experience in project recovery.
- Proven experience in vendor management in a large, complex project.
- Proven experience in negotiating and organizing project deliverables and timing within a complex business environment in order to manage stakeholder's expectations and consistently deliver functionality over time.
- Experience with Agile/Waterfall Methodologies and working through the entire system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to deliver Project Plan, Risk log, Issues log, Status reports, Resource Plans, project team meetings and other project related activities in collaboration with technology management and the IT PMO.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present/participate in executive meetings to discuss project status and drive decision making in order to deliver the project on time and on budget.
- Experience within government a plus.