At Sony Interactive Entertainment PlayStation, we are obsessed with providing customers a seamless experience in our platform both inside and outside the game. We have recently launched PlayStation Direct, an online store where PlayStation fans can purchase consoles, accessories, games and more directly from PlayStation. As we continue to build and expand this online platform for physical goods, we are looking for a seasoned technical program manager who can own delivery of key areas, drive the engineering vision and build the future state.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will drive a seamless product delivery that will delight our passionate consumers. You will work in an agile and highly collaborative environment with our globally distributed engineering scrum teams (both internal and partner teams), product management, quality assurance, and operations. You will possess outstanding project management skills and a solid understanding of modern development tools and methodologies.
You will have a balance of people, organizational, and technical skills and will be comfortable facilitating large sized project workshops and processes, enabling a cross-functional effort spread across multiple geographical locations.
- Lead initiatives in an agile and highly collaborative environment with multiple engineering scrum teams, product management, quality assurance, and operations to deliver high quality software.
- Leverage people and soft skills to generate a positive atmosphere of excitement and collaboration towards delighting customers and pushing the limits of technology.
- Leads initiatives with teams that may include other Project Managers, Engineering, Design, Product and Operations personnel.
- Find innovative ways and solutions to problems; Simplify and communicate complex problems through clear communication to drive changes in behavior.
- Be an advocate for continuous process improvement and push the limits of technology.
- Effectively serve as the primary point of contact between product, engineering and design teams and continually drive towards a premium user experience.
- Effective in Solution and System Architecture, driving end to end solutions for complex technical problems.
- Effectively communicates with technical and non-technical audiences, including executive leadership.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer science or related field. Prior experience as a developer is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in Software development roles.
- 5+ years of experience in Technical Program Management in an agile software development environment.
- The ability to balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge of industry best practices for building large scale and highly reliable consumer applications.
- Experience managing projects and dependencies across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
- Strong analytical skills and a sense of ownership.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem-solving skills.