Who we are...
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. We are the market leader in the business intelligence industry for data visualization.
Tens of thousands of companies and organizations have chosen Tableau. From the executive suites of Fortune 500 companies to the jungles of Central America, from immunology research labs to high school robotics club meetings, our software can be found anywhere people have data and questions. Additionally, journalists, bloggers, and major media web sites have embraced our free product, Tableau Public, for its ability to help them share data online in the form of interactive visualizations.
Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world. Tableau offers exceptional professional and financial growth potential.
What you'll be doing...
The Senior Technical Program Manager reports to the Manager of Technical Operations Programs and will be an owner for the business partnership between Sales and Marketing with Enterprise Applications. You will partner closely with leadership, development, and operations, to build and prioritize a delivery roadmap, drive strategic initiatives from conception through delivery, ensure clear communication is maintained between business teams, and represent the needs of business stakeholders (and our customers) to internal technical teams. Some of the primary technology platforms this Sr Technical Program Manager will work within are Salesforce, quoting tools, Salesforce managed packages (Gainsight, Altify) and third-party applications (LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Outreach). In addition to leading our partnership with Sales and Marketing, you will also work closely with Legal, Finance, Procurement and Product Development teams to gather requirements, negotiate prioritization, generate business narrative documents, and remove ambiguity. In addition, you will partner with external vendor teams and sprint team product owners; bringing work to product family backlogs with a clear business case and technical understanding.
In this role, you will…
- Represent the needs and prioritized roadmap for Tableau Sales and Marketing within Tableau Operations
- Own large projects or programs through the complete software development lifecycle
- Work with scrum teams to break down work and provide a business case for periodization
- Establish, track, and report on key metrics for your programs/platforms
- Participate and contribute to technical design and architecture conversations
- Own and drive project and program success with a high degree of accountability
- Host regular program reviews and write narrative documents for senior leadership consumption
- Contribute to resource and budget planning needed to accomplish your roadmap
- Determine technical and business dependencies, establish strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Design and maintain project and program documentation
- Translate strategic business priorities into clear and concise business and functional requirement documents
- Build strong relationships with internal customers, thoroughly working to understand their business processes and challenges
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration, and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
Who you are...
- Customer Focused. You work from the customer backwards, understanding their challenges and relentlessly pursuing opportunities to improve the operational excellence
- Driver. You enjoy taking on big challenges, coordinating and owning multiple dimensions in pursuit of delivering high quality products
- Team Player. Understands the importance of building strong working relationships an
- Builder. Equally comfortable digging into business requirements and product planning, as drilling into architecture with development teams.
- Performer. Proven track record of delivery.
- Experienced. SDLC: Extensive hands on experience with agile, waterfall and blended approaches.
- Problem Solver. Ability to juggle multiple priorities and can problem solve on the fly.
- Highly Technical. Familiarity with cloud-based systems. Demonstrated understanding of how to maximize return on technology investments with native functionality vs custom code. Ability to work with a team that uses the Cloud as the Platform and designs systems and build functionality to get results.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
- Bachelors or Master's degree in related fields.
- 8+ years' experience in Program/Project Management or as a scrum Product Owner
- 8+ years' experience facilitating solutions between business and technical teams
- Experience with Salesforce.com, Salesforce managed packages, Lightning, Marketing Systems, Lead Management, and AWS systems are a plus