Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers, and sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile, and AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, and are searching for creative and inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
About the Role
As a Technical Program Manager for Infrastructure programs you will drive complex cross-functional infrastructure technical initiatives across our Product and Engineering organizations. Your projects will range from deep technical improvements such as performance and reliability improvement, metrics and instrumentation, to implementing scalable development practices, to creating new products and data initiatives. You will look for ways to standardize and ensure execution, efficiency, and consistency; resolve dependencies, evaluate technical risk, track progress, and set accountability for your initiatives while maintaining clear and fluid communication with high-level stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Plan, manage, and deliver multiple technical infrastructure programs that may span multiple organizations and locations (NY, DC, Seattle, Hyderabad).
- Work with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and others to plan and execute highly technical programs.
- Act as a key contributor to sprints and high-level planning, both quarterly and yearly.
- Own KPIs for your technical programs.
- Drive operational excellence and process improvement across the organization.
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers, and sellers.
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology and products, and act as an empathetic partner to our customers.
- Create clarity and drive decision making with data and metrics through well-written executive-level and team-level narratives.
What We Look For:
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Previous experience as a software engineer is a must.
- 3+ years of Program Management experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication — excellent ability to influence stakeholders and leadership through data-driven reporting.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python/Ruby/Perl.
- Experience with reporting and database query languages such as SQL.
- Proven track record of successful technical program management in high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams and managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Familiarity with modern software development practices and technologies (e.g containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration, and delivery).
- Knowledge of AWS and modern cloud architectures.
- Self-drive and ability to create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.