- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of technical program management experience.
- Experience with chip design.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25% of the time.
About the job
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience executing technical programs with external partnerships within the Consumer Electronics industry.
- Experience with designing chips and embedded systems used in mobile devices.
- Experience integrating custom silicon into system level designs.
- People management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Help make Google's hardware products great by creating our own silicon. As a Technical Program Manager, you'll work closely with engineers of many specialties, product managers, and internal and external partners around the world to define, design, build, test and ship products. You'll need to drive people and moving requirements and dates to bring them all together into a cohesive product on time. You'll be responsible for helping identify program and technical risks and helping come up with mitigation plans, working in close collaboration with product managers and engineers to make good product level judgements to ensure both product excellence and timeliness.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology. Responsibilities
- Work jointly with engineering teams to develop and manage custom silicon projects.
- Help engineering teams communicate project status to internal stakeholders across Google.
- Work closely with partners on product development schedules, dependencies and budgets.
- Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Interface between partners and product engineering teams, setting and managing schedules and milestones.