Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a rapidly growing, industry defining business within Amazon.com. We provide developers and their organizations building block web services that allow them to innovate faster and operate their software more cost-effectively. These services-in-the-cloud include on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, querying of structured data, message queuing, and more.
The AWS Marketplace team delivers a 3P ecosystem and monetization opportunities for Software and SaaS providers on AWS cloud. We are inventing new ways of building flexible, massively scalable and globally distributed systems for Catalog Management, Metering and Billing for 3P software and services. Our services empower AWS customers to complement AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC, RDS and DynamoDB.
We are seeking a dynamic, entrepreneurial Senior Technical Program Manager to drive key customer-focused programs in AWS Marketplace. This role will be the key stakeholder defining the strategy for supporting special regions, work with engineering teams to come up with the goals, approach and launch plan, as well as best practices to be adopted. You will have complete end-to-end technical responsibility for working across AWS services, ISVs and stakeholders to drive Marketplace success in these regions.
· Own and drive the Marketplace plan including post-launch success metrics and address customer concerns.
· Identify requirements across Marketplace teams, develop tools and processes to improve organization efficiency, and work with engineering managers and program owners to incorporate them into project development.
· Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management and make tradeoffs; encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit; identify inter-dependencies between concurrent projects to prevent downstream problems.
· Gain consensus on technical decisions, and ensure that appropriate software engineering practices are employed to deliver high quality results
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or similar technical discipline.
· 5+ years experience with technical project management
· 5+ years experience working in a software development environment
This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
· A thorough understanding of software processes (development, configuration, testing, and deployment).
· Judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, leadership skills essential to successful program/project management.
· Be a motivated self-starter who is also a team player with great cross-group collaboration skills.
· Excellent oral and communication skills.
· Track record of successfully delivering high quality projects on time in a fast-paced/rapidly changing environment.
· Detail oriented, yet able to look at a wide array of choices & identify what truly matters.
· Successfully completed at least one complex customer integration as part of a distributed computing environment.
· Clear understanding of Cloud Computing architecture and the latest trends to stay ahead of the rapid change in the marketplace.