The Amazon Video DSP is at the center of Worldwide Advertising for Amazon.com and our third party advertiser customers. We are innovating at the intersection of advertising and e-Commerce. We work with our clients to create impactful and effortless branding to be seen across all types of digital platforms.
You will be working alongside some of the smartest engineers at Amazon on our largest video advertising platform.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We are investing in a deep technical team to pursue a transformation opportunity around video advertising. The successful candidate will build upon core program management successes and develop breadth across a range of problem domains.
A Technical Program Manager (TPM) will partner with engineers, other TPMs, and senior management to help create world-class solutions. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal TPM is a creative, demonstrated leader with superior analytical abilities and an expeditious drive to deliver results. This opportunity requires deep technical, problem-solving and communication skills.
· Translate customer’s business requirements into technical/functional specifications for the engineers
· Ascertain the true requirements underlying feature requests; recommend alternative technical approaches and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment for sales and marketing
· Capture, share and leverage your best practice knowledge across a broad group of engineers throughout all subsidiaries
· Partner as a technical liaison between customers and engineering teams
· 7 + years of relevant work experience in internet-related program and/or technical product management in a software applications environment
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· Proficiency with agile or other program management methodologies
· Product development experience (including C++, Java, XML, messaging protocols, and Web Services)
· Adept at building processes, project management, and release schedules
· Expertise working on large and deeply transformative projects
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
· Experience driving multifaceted, cross functional initiatives
· Track record of software projects delivery
· Resourceful in an ambiguous environment
· Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
· Knowledge of Amazon technologies (e.g. AWS)
· Exceptional problem solving and communication skills