The Senior Technical Product Owner (Sr. TRO) uses specialized depth and experience to oversee the writing and modifying of complex technical functional requirements for a complex product – these are derived from the business requirements and form the foundation of what the engineers will code/implement in order to achieve business asks.
- Collaborate with agile teams to build and manage new features and capabilities while delivering desired business impact; while providing thought leadership to Program Governance activities such as prioritization and negotiating with stakeholders on backlog priorities. Responsible for owning the technical roadmap and non-functional requirements for product (e.g. page rendering times, how long it takes to log in, response on service calls). Work with disparate business groups to optimize business and financial case for how technology will deliver their projects.
- Create, evolve and communicate feature area specifications that form cohesive, iterative plans that align to the multi release vision. Write Definition of Ready user stories and maintain groomed backlog for business stakeholder priorities, and incorporate architectural changes recommended by engineering into user stories.
- Proactively resolve upstream dependencies and resolve conflict effectively across teams. Advocate for process improvements through an understanding of the engineering lifecycle and previous experience.
- Monitor and instrument products for business outcomes and tech product health; integrate and deploy tooling (e.g. Git and Jenkins) for team (place hold capacity);enable test automation (i.e. acceptance criteria should be clear, agreed upon and tests should be automated)
- Focus on reducing tech debt when value can be measured in efficiency and quality metrics
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience and 5 years of relevant work experience
- Previous coding experiencepreferred but not necessary
- Experience working in technology or in close engagement on component preferred
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Do you enjoy thinking strategically about the full life cycle of a technical product? Are you a techy type with the people skills to go with it? If so you may find a fit within technical product management, the team that manages our technology product portfolio and roadmap – creating, executing and helping to deploy scalable solutions used by our clients and members every day. If we’ve peaked your interest, let’s strike up a conversation.
Job Id: REQ20009633