As the Senior Technical Product Marketing Manager of SSO and Federation, you’ll be the resident expert on our core products. You’ll make sure that the Technical Enablement team has all of the content they need to keep the field teams up-to-date on what the product does and how it does it. And you’ll partner with Product Management and Product Marketing to constantly assess the product-problem fit, ensuring that what was built, shipped, and sold exceeds our customer's expectations.
What will you do?
- You will understand the technical details of how Okta’s SSO and Federations products work and how to configure them. The TMM will run beta programs and work closely with customers and technical sales to understand and assess the ability of the Okta product to meet the actual customer need.
- You will evangelize SSO internally and externally. The TMM will draw from deep expertise of the product to clearly articulate how a given feature uniquely addresses customer use cases.
- You will enable technical audiences across Okta to sell, deploy, support, train upon, or consult. The TMM will create Proof-of-Concept Guides, datasheets, presentation decks and other resources to accelerate the field.
- You will contribute to critical product decision-making. Customer insights will make the TMM invaluable when choosing in which direction the product should head.
- You will become the go-to expert on key competitors in the identity-as-a-service area. This TMM will research competitive solutions to understand the landscape deeply and build presentations and assets to share Okta’s differentiation.
What do you need now?
- You must have some experience and knowledge of enterprise software.
- You must have some experience with Technical Sales, Sales Enablement, Technical Support or Technical Marketing. Empathy for customers is critical, and empathy requires experience.
- You must be able to write and speak clearly about technically complex integrations and use cases in a compelling way, without extensive use of jargon or acronyms.
- You must be be technically competent and curious. This job will require a scripting, code development, and systems integration skillset and enthusiasm for learning new IT skills.
- You must be able to build your own deliverables and collaborate across cross-functional teams on broad initiatives.
- You must have some experience creating technical documentation, e.g., deployment guides, configuration guides, technical sales and marketing collateral, blog posts.
- You must be a skilled researcher and a critical analyst. You will perform in-depth analysis of competitive products and technologies to compare them to Okta, then train the field teams to understand and articulate Okta's differentiated mission, vision and story
What will you get out of this role?
- You’ll get to work with our awesome customers—bold companies who have partnered with Okta to solve some of their most critical challenges—and our world-class technical sales teams.
- You’ll become familiar with the entire product development lifecycle at one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world—from ideation to adoption.
- You’ll be at ground-zero of one of the most significant technology trends of our time: organizations reducing IT friction by adopting the cloud.
- You’ll work on a small team with a big impact, in a collaborative company with audacious goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science discipline
- 4+ years of technical or product marketing, technical sales enablement, pre-sales engineering, field engineering, or customer-facing support experience required
- Some experience with scripting languages, web development, and/or systems integration coding.
- Ability to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks in a dynamic environment with competing priorities.
- Familiarity with authentication and authorization protocols and products
- Experience with enterprise software solutions
- Experience with AD
- Familiarity with the classic Information Technology (IT) "Stack", both hardware like networking equipment, and software like operating systems and business applications.