About the Job:
The Lastline Product Management Team is responsible for product planning and execution throughout the product life-cycle, including: defining product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, as well as working closely with Sales, R&D, Marketing and customers to ensure successful product releases and high customer satisfaction.
We are seeking a technically strong individual with a product mindset, to join our team as the Senior Technical Product Manager. As a natural problem solver, you will possess a solid leadership foundation with deep expertise in Network Security to help us drive new network detection use cases.
You will be a hands-on, technically proficient, team player who can lead, define and deliver innovative solutions with a particular focus around the network security ecosystem encompassing IDS/IPS, Firewalls and Web/Email Gateways. Combining your knowledge of how threat actors operate and a clear understanding of the network security ecosystem, you will lead the charge for the continued dominance of Lastline as a network security leader.
You are comfortable working very closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to remove obstacles and ensure timely delivery.
This position will offer opportunities to work closely with Fortune 500 and mid-sized customers, understand their security challenges and offer innovative solutions to constantly stay ahead of the adversary. In addition, you will be working with a team that has significant expertise in machine learning/AI to solve complex security detection challenges.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide clear guidance for technical features and use cases to engineering based on hand-on exploration or a technical deep dive.
- Provide insights by working with customers in their production environment - understanding the full security ecosystem i.e. other network detection products, SIEM, response platforms and prevention controls.
- Provide competitive intelligence to ensure marketing and sales have the most up-to-date technical product information on the network based detection market.
- Prepare demos and customer use case scenarios by replicating real-world scenarios with the product use cases - providing sales teams with end-to-end demos on new features with every product release.
- Define and drive Lastline's network security integration strategy based on the threat landscape, competitive analysis, and customer needs.
- Provide input on product definition, requirements analysis, documentation of requirements, and product positioning.
- Work closely with leadership and development teams to develop and maintain a product roadmap.
- Validate product direction by interacting with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Produce product collateral and messaging, and partner with sales and marketing to accelerate go-to-market.
- Constantly evangelize the network security vision, roadmap plans and product decisions so all stakeholders are aligned and have context.
Must-Have Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of product related experience in enterprise security and at least 2 of those years in network security.
- Deep understanding of network security and solid understanding of network protocols, network architecture and network models.
- Experience with network security products (as product manager or in some technical capacity) such as IDS/IPS, firewalls, web/email gateway.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with security products and a real passion for diving deep on technical problems.
- Experience with email security - malware, phishing, business email compromise.
- Some experience with the lifecycle of product releases, from planning, gathering requirements, prioritization to working with development for building the product, and training sales.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively communicate the product and technology to both internal and external audiences.
- Excellent collaboration and consensus building skills.