Location: United States - California - San Francisco
Industry: Information Technology - Computer Software
Job Category: Information Technology - IT Project Management
Base Salary - $150,000 to $155,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
5+ to 7 years experience
Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
Management Experience Required - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Never
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Let's say you launched a product. It failed. Your engineers that worked on it are not happy. What's next?
Tell me about a time you pivoted (product or approach)?
Tell me about a time when you earned the trust of your customers?
We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people's lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We're building the world's most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
You will leverage deep understanding of user needs to help define, design and build products that are in line with Cruise's mission and strategy. Specifically, you will be working on real time vehicular assistance and customer support tooling used by large scale, 24/7 operating teams positioned around the globe.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Designs, develops and manages activities for specific technical products or services from product definition and planning through production, release, and expansion.
- Defines the customer requirements and product strategy, and works with engineering teams to specify the technical details of the product design.
- Contributes cross-functional technical and business expertise and drives program requirements. Technical Product Managers are responsible for developing strategy, defining product requirements, coordinating project resources, and for driving release activities.
- Is responsible for the timely and successful delivery of the systems supporting technical products. Assesses the right balance of risk to allocate right resources, anticipates bottlenecks, provides escalation management, anticipates and makes trade-offs, balances the business needs versus technical constraints and encourages risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
- Translate that vision into a strategy, an executable roadmap, and detailed product requirements incorporating all stakeholders (UX details, product integrity requirements, and operations)
- Define and track success criteria and metrics within your product area
- Represent and evangelize your product(s) internally
- Collaborate with Engineering, Design, Operations, and various departments at General Motors
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years product management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- Track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong grasp of engineering concepts to capture deeply technical requirements and translate them for non-technical audiences
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Experience working on large scale tooling used by human operators
- Data analysis experience with a basic understanding of relational databases
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family's fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Company-sponsored tech talks, happy hours, off-sites, and volunteer programs
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, dinner, and snacks