SiriusXM Connected Vehicles (SXM CV) is looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager reporting to our Director of Product Management responsible for the Safety and Security product vertical. The Safety and Security vertical is focused on building enterprise products that protect life and vehicle property to generate incremental revenue streams to the business in either existing or new channels. They engage with internal and external partners to extend our Connected Vehicle platform services to creatively solve consumer problems and customer business challenges.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need a good balance of keen product sense, ability to make data-driven decisions, technical understanding, and a track record of successfully delivering software in a cross-functional team. You should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team in open forums, to peers within SXM CV, and with senior executives. You will also need proven customer skills, including the ability to discover the true problems behind customers’ feature requests and the value in solving them—both to the customer and the business.
The successful candidate will be a curious, open-minded and collaborative product manager who has a passion for partnering with other product managers, customers, partners, designers and developers to produce quality software. They will work closely with multiple stakeholders to define product vision and goals and jointly work with the team to prioritize, plan and deliver value for our customers and the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- As the product manager, you will help drive the product strategy for the Safety and Security product vertical. You will make informed, data driven decisions through customer and market insights, product and business critical metrics, competitive pressures, technical capability, and internal initiatives; build the product story by understanding the landscape, developer needs, and SiriusXM CV’s principles.
- You will facilitate leadership’s buy-in for launching new products, and partner with finance and technology in measuring the cost vs. return when building a business case to secure funding.
- You will continuously work to improve the product offering(s) and prioritization of enhancements and feature requests and increase the efficiency of deliverables through release cycles. Assist sales, marketing, and operations in driving critical enhancements, accelerating new product development, and improving new product implementations.
- In collaboration with Engineering and Product leadership, you will define a detailed, rolling 4-quarter product roadmap based on the product strategy and drive the alignment of key releases to deliver on the roadmap for your products; adjust the roadmap as needed based on key metrics, market forces, and changes in execution resources. You will lead the business during the full product lifecycle – from problem identification, to discovery, to requirements definition, to delivery, iteration, and to end of life – collaborating with other teams across the company, including Engineering, Design, Support, Marketing, and Sales counterparts.
- In managing your product(s) you will consider the business impact, return on investment, and other implications when taking important decisions.
- You will be closely involved in conducting user research to determine whether and how best to build products, integrating output from usability studies and market analysis into product requirements to enhance developer satisfaction. You will also define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
- You will also be responsible for helping create the go-to-market strategy and collateral for your product(s).
- 5+ years of Product management experience required
- Experience defining and prioritizing product features
- Experience driving the development of the minimal viable product (MVP) to budget and timelines
- Previous experience and success working with agile development teams
- Ability to drive requirement definition and solution design sessions, working closely with partners from across the entire organization and with developers
- Ability to drive teams of diverse backgrounds to ship features on ambitious timelines
- Ability to influence decision making across wide a variety of roles and levels in the organization
- Understanding of cloud-based platforms
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Requirements and General Skills:
- Proven ability leading teams in a dynamic work environment
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).