About the Role:
As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible for owning the platform, API and infrastructure strategy that supports multiple lines of business and products at MVP. You should be able to communicate a product vision, own a roadmap, align product priorities to core business objectives, and evolve a product plan.
You will partner with the engineering team and technical lead to define specifications, requirements, and acceptance criteria needed from the platform and APIs. Many team members are remote, so flexibility and organizational skills are a must.
You must be self-motivated, a strong communicator and possess a strong data-driven mindset with direct experience working on B2B products.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the product development lifecycle and work with engineers to produce a groomed, prioritized backlog
- Manage the platform, infrastructure, and APIs required to empower the product and design organizations to deliver delightful experiences to internal and external users
- Partner with product and design teams to define best practices and approaches to leverage the platform and infrastructure capabilities to meet business needs.
- Be an expert in the MVP platform and infrastructure stack, ensuring that all stakeholders understand their purpose, capabilities, and roadmap.
- Maintain an understanding of the market, competitors, and technology trends that could impact internal and external users
- Clearly communicate product vision and benefits to our users and internal stakeholders
- Contribute to continuous improvement of product ownership and agile team processes
- Some (5-10%) travel may be required
What We'd Like You To Have:
- 5+ years experience in technical platform product management
- Experience building and managing APIs
- Experience migrating technology platforms from legacy to new technology
- Experience with microservices, their architecture, and using data and metrics to measure their performance
- Experience as a product owner building new products or platforms
- Experience using complex data to solve business problems
- Anticipate bottlenecks and risks, and solve problems with creativity and grit
It’s A Plus If You Have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs, consumer facing web platforms, geolocation data, public API’s, data warehouses
- Experience with deploying AI/ML models
- Experience with Design Thinking