"Build products customers love—not like. It's not 'nice' or 'fine.' People have to love it so much they'll tell their friends about it. That's when you know you've hit gold." - Ha Nguyen
Appcues is a platform that empowers thousands of SaaS companies to design beautiful in-app experiences that influence their user's behavior -- without writing any code. Companies like LogMeIn, Segment, Lift, Profitwell, and Amplitude embed Appcues to improve their web product's UX and grow their business. Now it's time to bring these same capabilities to iOS and Android so non-technical users can enhance their mobile apps with unique experiences that drive adoption and engagement. As a Senior Technical Product Manager, your mission is to define and deliver new visual tools and mobile SDKs that will provide an exceptional developer and user experience.
About the team
- Product & engineering currently has 30 people organized into five empowered product teams.
- Our mobile team has a mission to ensure our customers can design and deliver custom in-app mobile experiences to their Android and iOS users. Today Appcues' experiences are shown to 100s of millions of web users. Since over 50% of our customers have built mobile apps, this team will have a massive impact.
- Each cross-functional team includes a designer, tech lead, engineers, QA, and a seasoned engineering manager. We practice agile development with two-week iterations and incrementally develop, test, and release stories behind feature flags.
About the role
- You will advance your team's mission by researching, defining, and prioritizing problems to solve. In written problem briefs, you will focus on the root of the problem, who we are solving it for, and why it is compelling.
- For any problem brief, you will collaborate with your team's tech lead and designer to discover solutions and assess the four main risks. Our goal is to find solutions that are simple, lovable, and complete. To ensure success, you'll define & identify metrics, baselines and measure results over time.
- On a typical day, you may meet with customers, write a problem brief, discover a solution, plan a beta program, collaborate on release messaging, share context with other stakeholders, and influence our company strategy.
- You will regularly talk to customers without an agenda, and join our CX/ Sales teams, to uncover pain points. You will translate those pain points into insights and hypotheses for how we can improve our product and business.
- You will partner with your designer/researcher in structured interviews and usability tests to validate problems or proposed solutions.
- You will deeply understand the market, competition, emerging trends, and where the business opportunities lie. You know market research is vital to develop differentiated solutions and competitive moats.
- You'll work with our Product Marketing, Sales, and Customer Experience teams to understand their needs and to ensure our customer-facing teams support the product adoption and revenue results we expect.
- You can work between 9-5 Eastern Time. We are a 100% remote-1st company so you can work from anywhere in North or South America.
- You have 4-6 years of product management experience with SaaS products and at least two years doing so for B2B customers and mobile products.
- As a technical product manager, you have been previously been an engineer and know how to provide an exceptional developer experience with an SDK.
- You are a natural collaborator that inspires and influences others to believe in the value of an idea. You actively listen to colleagues and leverage their expertise to understand their concerns and objectives.
- You seek facts and objective observation and don't relay personal preferences. You avoid theoretical arguments or battles of opinion and strive to build experiments to prove theories with data. By listening to customers, asking questions, and reviewing metrics, you always try to learn the truth.
- You are passionate about partnering with design and engineering to multiply their efforts and impact.
- You enjoy working at different levels and rolling up your sleeves. You are equally comfortable being in the weeds on a project detail or sharing the context of how a feature fits into the broader market or company vision.
- You naturally seek alignment with company and product strategy and ensure consistency and cohesion throughout the product.
- You are an empathetic and outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. You're able to take complex subjects, synthesize learnings and trade-offs, and succinctly communicate them to align people to a common goal.
- You have a lean mindset, focusing on one concrete problem at a time. You avoid unnecessary constraints or requirements and prefer to keep things simple, start small, learn and iterate.
- You've had experience working with cross-functional product teams, ideally in a remote, agile environment.
- You are thoughtful, organized, disciplined, and get things done. You don't call the project finished until you have achieved successful outcomes & metrics.
- Above all, you have a love for the craft of building great products and welcome an environment where you can do quality work and have fun along the way!
100% remote - We don't have an office so all of our employees learn and collaborate in the same way using remote work practices. This won't change post-COVID as we are committed to being 100% remote for the long-term. We work in Slack, Zoom, and a collection of modern collaboration tools. We have inclusive remote events and, after COVID times, will get together twice a year for a fun off-site retreat.
Well-being - You'll have solid health, dental, and vision plans; access to 401k, and a generous maternity and paternity leave.
Fair pay - Each role has a defined salary band, bands and salaries are audited on a regular basis to help maintain fairness and market value
Home office and tech budget - Besides paying for your work computer (Mac or PC), we offer a one-time $1000 home office stipend and an additional $500 annual budget for extra work-related technology.
Coworking space, on us - Home office not cutting it? We'll reimburse your monthly coworking fees.
Equity - We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Transparency and collaboration - We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting called FirstThurs, weekly team lunches, and Lunch & Learns., and an annual learning stipend.
Unlimited vacation - We believe time away to reflect and explore makes us all more productive, so we expect each employee to take a minimum of ten days of vacation per year. Employees based in the USA also take off all US federal holidays. Employees residing in other countries can choose to follow their local national holidays or US federal holidays.
At Appcues, our mission is to help teams build products their users love. With Appcues, you can create in-product experiences (user onboarding, feature announcements, checklists, and more) without writing any code. We believe it's the non-technical people who often have the best information about a user's needs and desires, and we give them the tools to act.