At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space.
In the Last Mile Driver Experience team, we provide the technology and experiences to help our drivers deliver any service from Amazon, including ultra-fast Prime Now, Restaurant, Whole Foods, Lockers and Amazon Key deliveries. The Last Mile Driver Experience is powered by a mobile app, which is available on iOS and Android and works in concert with our advanced logistics systems and technology enabling drivers to onboard, schedule delivery times in advance or on demand, guide them through their deliveries with in-app mapping and navigation, and more. Come join the team and help us make history!
The Senior Product Manager will be responsible for building self-service mechanisms for internal users to manage communication with drivers at scale (both technical and non-technical) across all channels (email, notifications, in-app etc). Working closely with internal stakeholders, this product manager must identify new technology and solutions that can work seamlessly with our drivers application to streamline and simplify the process, many of which have never been attempted before in scope or scale. To do this, s/he must be able to manage across numerous novel business models and create certainty out of ambiguity while having a firm grasp over the operational, financial, and technical aspects of each program. Working with a large group of diverse stakeholders and other product managers on the team, this leader must provide vision and strategy, while simultaneously being able to dive deep into the details of each new program and project to drive results, create efficiency, and maintain cost competitiveness.
This role is inherently cross-functional—this leader will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, finance, legal, business development, customer service, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing products and features. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. The leader will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Science, Engineering or Technology
· 5-8 years of Product management experience in technology or SaaS companies
· Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, support scope of requirements and prioritize
· Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
· Proven track record of delivering projects within scope, time, budget and quality
· An entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
· Exceptional passion for delivering world-class customer experiences.
· Experience in the product development of mobile applications.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
· Demonstrated ability to turn customer needs and pain points into innovative products.
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
· Proven ability to work independently to drive projects to completion.
· Experience in supply chain, operations, logistics, or transportation.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation