Senior Technical Product Manager, Film/TV / Gestionnaire de produit technique senior, Cinéma/télévision
As a Sr Technical Product Manager at Unity, your role will be to provide an objective and clear understanding of how our product is used, how it competes in the market, and how we can best help users in the Film/TV industry achieve better outcomes. First and foremost, this role is technical. Unity is an engineering led organization and your role will entail working closely with engineering teams across different development disciplines to provide detailed data for planning and feedback on feature development. This role is an opportunity to blend your technical skills with strategic planning, and embed yourself alongside our world-class engineering teams to provide insight into customer use, demand for shipped features, features in development and future areas of growth.
- Bring deep understanding of the Film/TV market, software and tools ecosystem, competitive positioning and opportunities and deliver technical and market insights to internal teams
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop and articulate the vision and strategy for Unity in the Film/TV market. Able to manage feedback and organise into prioritized epics or features
- Provide broad access to resources including use cases, persona / user stories, competitive analysis and market data
- In collaboration with R&D, sales, marketing and strategy, lead the development of the Film/TV product roadmap. Working with UI/UX and marketing, validate hypotheses, test prototypes, track product & feature performance and market fit
- Internally, brief and train the sales team, marketing and other teams on new Film/TV related products, features and user benefits
- Externally, assist in representing the product to all of the appropriate market groups including clients, suppliers and strategic partners
- Minimum 10 years industry experience, including 5 years’ experience in product management and direct experience in software development in a major language (C++, C#, etc)
- Strong technical, product and market knowledge of the Film/TV industry and how software tools and services are built and used
- Strong networks within the Film/TV ecosystem
- Track record as a product manager managing products and features across the entire lifecycle. Successfully brought new products to market, working across the company as the product expert
- Knowledge of / Experience using various tools used in the Film/TV industry, including 3ds Max, Maya, Renderman, Houdini, Nuke, various interchange formats (Alembic, FBX, OpenEXR)
- Experience using Unity or other real-time rendering engines, and experience with AR/VR a huge plus
- Equally comfortable being the professional product face for Unity or rolling up your sleeves and getting your hands dirty
- Strong influencing and communication skills. You’d need to work with very diverse groups internally and get people onto the same page / timeline
- 25% to 50% travel required, demonstration of previous work travel preferred
- BS / MS in computer science. Other relevant degrees or experience will be valued
Who We Are
We are product-driven, curious, and creative. We aggressively reinvest in development to keep Unity moving and evolving - from expanding usability and power, to platform reach. With over a billion installs permonth, Unity touches gamers and non-gamers alike. As well as video games, our software is used in industries as diverse as medicine, visualization and shopping - democratizing game development while solving hard problems and enabling success for a huge range of developers worldwide.
Today, Unity has expanded to over 15 international offices and has employees in 23 countries. Every person at Unity Technologies has an inherent passion and driven spirit and it isn’t enough to be able to do the job- we’re looking for people that color outside the lines, are looking to be freed from the process tangle, and can dream big!