What You’ll Get to Do:
- Understand Cybersecurity: Interact with customers and subject matter experts to understand and identify current and future Cybersecurity needs and challenges.
- Impact Cybersecurity: Develop, propose and win programs that will contribute to the success of our nation’s Cybersecurity.
- Influence and Manage: Lead and coordinate a team of engineers in cross-functional activities related to Cybersecurity and advanced network systems and technologies.
More About the Role:
- Manage and lead an engineering team responsible for R&D government contracts to include employee selection, oversight of technical, contractual, and programmatic functions of the contract, and software development/production.
- Coordinate definition of project requirements according to the customer needs, plan and schedule project commitments, coordinate staff member assignments, and develop and manage to program budgets and timelines
- Lead project team meetings and facilitate tracking/completion of action items
- Lead technical team to develop and provide detailed briefings and documentation for customers on project status, technical solutions/concepts, new business ideas, legacy and next generation communication systems, and unique applications
- Interact with customers to provide project status, identify and address evolving needs, maintain appropriate project goals and expectations, and spark innovation and new business opportunities
- Provide leadership in growing our technical breadth and high performance technical team through training, collaboration, and recruiting
- Recommend and initiate process improvements and overall development practices
- Drive towards successful fulfillment, and extension, of the department strategic initiatives
- Conceptualize and guide internal R&D programs with high impact
- Participate in Bids & Proposals and New Business Development efforts
- Provide supervision and development to a team of professionals, providing for all departmental management activities, mentoring and people support, performance management, etc.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Strong preference for active Top-Secret/SCI government security clearance, AND ability to obtain additional clearance(s) as needed at the level to perform the job
- Demonstrated experience leading and contributing to inter-disciplinary projects involving knowledge of theoretical and hands-on advanced networking technologies, cybersecurity, and software development
- Demonstrated experience creating highly effective complex systems through interaction with customer end-users to define requirements, and implementation of effective software development cycle
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of cybersecurity, IP and Wireless networking, and Optical Transport technologies preferred
- Software development skills and demonstrated experience in current languages such as C, C++ preferred
- Experience with Linux, embedded system and various real-time operating systems
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
Preferred Master’s Degree.
Preferably a minimum of 8-10 years of related work experience.
What We can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Req #: 219639_21046