Job Summary and Description:
EPRI is looking for a technical training professional who will support the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of common nuclear industry training courses. Plans, designs, and controls the progress of complex project work within the technical department to meet member/client objectives; prepares and presents research reports.
- Manages small to medium level projects without direct people management responsibilities.
- Assumes responsibility for highly specialized technical objectives or problems where the relationships between cause and effect are difficult to establish and little or no precedence exists, and the use of creative imaginative thinking is required.
- Influences project teams in the engineering aspects of the technical work.
- Provides input into configuration management and documentation for engineer related projects.
- Leads proposal efforts and new promotional work.
- Maintains familiarity with the progress and problems in assigned technical areas.
- Prepares proposals, technical publications, and delivers presentations.
- Leads national and international technical networks with manufacturers, consultants, academia, and research organizations.
- Works independently on technical activities without direct supervision
- Supports the analysis, instructional design and development efforts in EPRI’s Nuclear Sector to include:
- Training material development for e-learning based, distance delivery, classroom, and laboratory instruction
- Training material feedback processing and material maintenance
- Material delivery in accordance with nuclear industry practice
- Conduct the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of exam materials associated with EPRI training content in accordance with nuclear industry exam standards.
- Serve in the capacity of a subject matter expert in nuclear power plant chemistry analyses and job knowledge, skills, and attitudes.
- Interfaces and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders, training professionals, subject matter experts, and industry leaders on a diverse set of technical topics.
- Coordinate with other instructors on the delivery of training materials.
- Manages small or medium projects including budgets and resources.
Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8-10 years of nuclear power plant experience
- 8 or more years of technical training experience
- Nuclear Utility or Nuclear Vendor Experience.
- Understanding of nuclear utility plant operations, systems, and workflow.
- Able to apply the Systematic Approach to Training (SAT).
- Experience with VISION Developer and VISION Learning Station
- Able to apply a learning management system in support of training planning, execution, and completions
- Well-developed technical writing and oral communication / presentation skills.
- Experience in creating e-media products as a delivery vehicle for training.
- A robust background in the development and delivery of training materials.
- Familiarity with the operating experience, technical challenges, and materials in nuclear power plants.
- Ability to support travel about 25 percent of the time, including domestic and international destinations