This position is primarily responsible for overseeing a team of Technical Designers as it pertains to brand fit, product consistency, construction and quality as appropriate by Brand. Ensures brand integrity through consistency of fit, keeping the customer top of mind. Responsible for mentoring, guiding, and developing the Technical Design Team. Works closely with various partners to enhance and evolve the "fit" process within the area. Maintains and adhere to development T & A calendar by working closely with cross functional partners.
- Translates the design concept into specification packages which detail garment measurements, design features and construction requirements to communicate to the vendor.
- Provides technical direction, internally and externally, on corrective actions needed to bring samples to brand fit standards. Utilizes written comments, sketches, photos or pattern making as needed to communicate.
- Work closely with Technical Design Director/Manager to enhance and evolve processes and procedures, as business evolves, while driving to elevate the quality of the product.
- Evaluates samples for fit, measurement, pattern shaping, and functionality to insure fit and proper styling. Issues grading guidelines to vendors after fit approval.
- Leads fit session on live model or mannequin and takes initiative of specific product(s).
- Anticipates and resolves any pre-production and production problems while in the fit process. Partners with vendors in the resolution of problems as necessary.
- Keeps cross-functional partners informed with regards to technical design information.
- Develop team members by evaluating team process on a regular basis, recommend and implement improvements, as needed.
- Trains new associates in the technical designresponsibilities and process.
- Bachelors Degree in Fashion Design or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 -- 10 years experience in the apparel Industry including patternmaking and constructionexperience with full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit.
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office (preferredexperience with computer pattern programs)