Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Applications & Systems Development covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
The End to End Investing Journey (E2E IJ) team within Canadian Banking & Wealth Technology Solutions is accountable for technology solutions supporting the Personal Savings & Investing and Wealth business and multiple technology partners to execute a multi-year transformational change to our applications, migrating a large portion of our business to new applications, integrating new product and pricing systems, building APIs and connecting to multiple channels. Be a part of the transformation.
About This Role
We are looking for a Senior Technology Delivery Manager to oversee all aspects of of the End to End Investing Journey technology delivery. In this role you will guide and influence others as one of TD’s top Application & Systems Development experts. You will lead the future direction of development and design patterns to be used across multiple and complex systems, applications and businesses and for emerging technology projects.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Own and lead the technology delivery of large complex, transformational or cross-business strategic initiatives
- Direct and oversee multiple development teams working on different products, applications, and/or platforms to ensure design consistency and inter-operability.
- Proudly accountable for the most complex applications and systems development programming/coding.
- Share deep subject matter expertise and define future direction in one or more technical area or lead strategic development efforts on new or emerging technology projects for the business.
- Champion technical thought leadership and coach others, guide senior management
- Maintain knowledge proficiency in system development methodologies, key business initiatives and issues, IT implications for systems or technologies and their impact on business solutions.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate, Graduate Degreepreferred.
- 10+ years relevant experience.
- Proven experience providing technical guidance, direction or expertise to others as a Senior Specialist or top technical lead on significant and complex development and design issues that may impact transformational technology or cross-business strategic initiatives.
- Ability to quickly gain understanding of the business supported and TD as a whole with deep expertise and specialized knowledge of technology concepts, technical environment, direction and related technology and tools.
- Readiness to assume an influential role to help set bank standards on infrastructure, architecture and various other areas of technology from a design, support, and solutions perspective.
- Ability to work in close partnership with technology leads in Architecture, Infrastructure, Information Security and/or third-party, external vendor leadership teams in assessing development and solutions designs to meet TD’s transformational or strategic needs.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas. This is your opportunity to impact the future of bankingtechnology in areas and ways you’ve never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more.